Incredible Match. 10-ball John Morra vs F. Bustamante. Hard Times Final (POVPOOL)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7exLXelW7k

One of the best matches I have ever watched. The safes towards the end of the match are incredible. The match is from last year and I caught it live. POVPool uploaded it in a big video with 5 other matches on New Years and they just uploaded it by itself.

Damn shame John retired shortly after this. His fundamentals and pace are so damn enviable.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7exLXelW7k

One of the best matches I have ever watched. The safes towards the end of the match are incredible. The match is from last year and I caught it live. POVPool uploaded it in a big video with 5 other matches on New Years and they just uploaded it by itself.

Damn shame John retired shortly after this. His fundamentals and pace are so damn enviable.

I will definitely check out. But his "pace" is one of my least favorite things about his game.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I will definitely check out. But his "pace" is one of my least favorite things about his game.

I can understand that. It's not for everyone. With him I find it methodical. With shit players like myself, I just find it slow.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can understand that. It's not for everyone. With him I find it methodical. With shit players like myself, I just find it slow.
Glacial is more like it. I've seen him play in person and yes, his mechanics are textbook. He's also slow as a snail. Really nice guy, btw. Hope he doesn't totally walk from the game.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
We can *all* learn from John Morra what perfect textbook fundamentals look like. His stance, stroke, bridge, etc look as sound as can be. He does have the opposite eye over the stick, apparently it's what provides him with the best looks, dominant eye, whatever.

Great match and fantastic safety battle at the end.

thx for posting this. :)

best,
brian kc

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

True.
Talked to him a bit at lobby bar at the Open in '15.
Definitely a nice guy.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
No way can i watch that. Playing like that would take all the enjoyment out of the game. Gimme Earl anyday
Jason

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well I got no problem with pace if your making your shots
In golf playing behind slow players who where hacks , I'd say if your going to hack hack fast
Jim has always played a very methodical game even when he was playing on challenge tables at the expo
It will be interesting when he comes back to see if his pace changes ,, a yes I think we will see him again not to many can stay away for ever , I'm shocked Kieth has yet to return I'm hoping that's not the case in JM

Glacial is more like it. I've seen him play in person and yes, his mechanics are textbook. He's also slow as a snail. Really nice guy, btw. Hope he doesn't totally walk from the game.

I would have loved to have met John Morra . He has always been one of my favorite players. I was really sad to hear that he took a break from the game (maybe forever, but hopefully not).I think he went back to school.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there are slower players than Morra. His pace doesn't bother me. I always enjoyed watching his great fundamentals. I hope he eventually comes back.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pace really wasnt the the problem.

Poor play made for a long albeit close match. Missed shots and poor position play.

You are right,they are better then me. They are also both better then this.