Pool players asking for sponsors

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have seen Pool Players on AZ / internet asking for sponsors to pay for their pool excursion's ! Get a job or a second job . They have no shame . I'm just old school but gosh , a tournament is only 65-150 to enter motels are 50-75 per night and gas is cheap ! If you can't afford that then put in some overtime at work ! Instead of looking for a free trip make it happen on your own and maybe you will play harder and actually win for once ! It's changed since the 90s for sure . It's called grinding people and if you don't grind coming up then you will never know what the top looks like !!!! If you have to ask for a sponsor then that's the first problem !!! Good luck !!!! You don't need a sponsor , you need a job and after work go hit balls , get in action ...GRIND FOO !!!!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s the new American way. Why work for it when you might get it for free?

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
It’s the new American way. Why work for it when you might get it for free?

Yup that sums it up. Look at all the Mosconi threads, let’s change the rules and format so we can win again. It’s sad to read all this shit...

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have seen Pool Players on AZ / internet asking for sponsors to pay for their pool excursion's ! Get a job or a second job . They have no shame . I'm just old school but gosh , a tournament is only 65-150 to enter motels are 50-75 per night and gas is cheap ! If you can't afford that then put in some overtime at work ! Instead of looking for a free trip make it happen on your own and maybe you will play harder and actually win for once ! It's changed since the 90s for sure . It's called grinding people and if you don't grind coming up then you will never know what the top looks like !!!! If you have to ask for a sponsor then that's the first problem !!! Good luck !!!! You don't need a sponsor , you need a job and after work go hit balls , get in action ...GRIND FOO !!!!

I took the bait, but I'm leaving you an empty hook.
Go fish.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why don't you go on a world pool tour? Travel would only be a couple $10k, hotels another 10 or 20, 80k for gambling...

Everybody got their own point. Live and let live.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose getting corporate sponsor or private supporter/family/friends is fine but getting sponsorship from public or online like forums / crowdfunding comes across as opportunistic. I mean if many poor Filipino unknown journeymen can go play in World 9 Ball qualifiers without soliciting from public or online , why can't everyone else? Many show up at qualifiers and get sent home failing to secure a place in main event draw of 128. And they keep turning up year after year. Even players like Ignacio, Johan Chua, Yukio, Chao have played in qualifiers in past. If you have a dream to play in big tournament and you love the game, you can by hook and by crook squeeze and save for it or borrow. The funds needed is low 4 digits not 5 digits so don't really need to beg or steal. The easy way is to solicit from public. :grin: