Cloth Aiming

lawrence526

Registered
Occasionally I will use the table cloth to ascertain the Cue Ball line to a pocket or a rail, anyone out there know about any links, books or videos related? Thanks in advance, I know there's a big crowd out there who has the info...........Larry

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Occasionally I will use the table cloth to ascertain the Cue Ball line to a pocket or a rail, anyone out there know about any links, books or videos related? Thanks in advance, I know there's a big crowd out there who has the info...........Larry

Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean, use the table cloth?

On tables where the cloth isn't kept pristine, tracks tend to appear under the rails, which make handy aim aids...

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
?

I use slight discrepancies (blade of loose grass, etc...) on the greens of golf courses within a couple of feet of a golf ball when putting. Is this what you mean? If so, someone needs to clean those tables!! Lol

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Perhaps you could send a PM to duckie :D

lawrence526

Registered
Using the cloth for a visual, I read an article a year ago on it and can't find it, hoping someone on AZ can help.........

lawrence526

Registered
Kind of and kind of not, I read an article that was descriptive a year ago or so and just wanted to get somebodies insight...........Larry

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i am not an instructor
the only "cloth aiming" i ever heard of was a pro
who told me if he saw something on the cloth along the shot line that was closer than the object ball he would aim at that

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Have been using this method for years. I would like to make a slight correction to your post.

To pocket an OB draw an imaginary line from where you want the OB to enter the pocket or rail on the table cloth thru the OB. This method gives you the exact contact point on the back of the OB.

Now the shot line from the QB to the contact point on the OBis a different story, using the opposite equal method of sending the QB point to the OB point is possible and yes you could see an imaginary line on the cloth from the QB to the OB.

For just banking the QB look at a diamond rail point and shoot at it.

John :)

lawrence526

Registered
Thanks for the response, since retirement I've been on a chase to improve my game, slowly but surely I am starting to see and time is my only enemy. Wouldn't it be wonderful to roll back the years.........

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not an instructor
the only "cloth aiming" i ever heard of was a pro
who told me if he saw something on the cloth along the shot line that was closer than the object ball he would aim at that

Sounds useful. Put the tip of the cue on the bottom of the GB, on the aim line, and look for something under the cue on the cloth to aim at.