TouchingUpWb.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,445
  • Me&HoneyWb.jpg
    Me&HoneyWb.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,403

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Even the masters need a touch up sometimes.

Sorry to hear of his passing.
The pool world has lost an asset and a fantastic cue maker.

Willee

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
Thank you for these pictures of Master Reyes.
I think of my first encounter with him whenever I take a look at my ER cue.

Sad to see that there will be no more great work coming from Master Reyes. :frown:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, Don. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

I am still in shock over what happened to Edwin Reyes, but I will never forget, and the world is now watching.

RIP, Edwin. You are sorely missed.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Wow, Don. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

I am still in shock over what happened to Edwin Reyes, but I will never forget, and the world is now watching.

RIP, Edwin. You are sorely missed.

I miss my friend really bad.
I still struggle over over the fact he was taken away.
Last time I spent time with him, he, me and Linds were having dinner over Jack's Ridge ( a nice restaurant overlooking the Davao City Gulf ).
Two Sundays ago, Efren won a tournament on the same mall I saw Edwin directing a tournament qualifier for last year's event there.
I did not go to the tournament b/c I would have really struggled in keeping my mouth shut and not asking the people there what they are doing for Edwin's justice.

I still have Edwin's name on Yahoo messenger. I still send him text messages.
Edwin was working on this cue to be his most elaborate cue before he was taken away.

Attachments

• Dr.Kohro_s_Cue_Final.jpg
    Dr.Kohro_s_Cue_Final.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3,344

sputnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last ER Cue

I am auctioning off my ER cue for the education of his kids. It is the last cue that Edwin made. It's an unfinished project, no signature, no wrap, and no varnish (the white marks on the butt cap is soy wax, which I use to preserve the unfinished wood...

7 Ebony Full spliced points on curly mapleforearm.
3/8" G10 Pin (which has the same material as the airplane's propeller).
ER Low Deflection Shaft (with 4 through slots).

I was teasing Edwin a few days before he passed that I was going to bring it to Linds for finishing. I ordered and paid for this cue about two years before he died. It is also the last cue stick he played with.

Make your proposal. I will maintain confidentiality. The offer that would be best for his kids will make it. I have not sold anything here but I am sure Blowfish or John (JBcues) or Joey (in Cali) can help in processing this.

Joey, there is not a day that passes that I do not remember our friend Edwin.

_MG_4600.jpg

_MG_4601.jpg

_MG_4595.jpg
$

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
Eternal

Edwin was a master who passed before his time.I am a little bit surprised that he was using a filler but he was great neverless.He stood up for what he believed in, and got murdered in exchange.Here in the states they would have caught the animals who did it.
R.I. P. G-d bless his family.

Purdman

Banned

Edwin was a master who passed before his time.I am a little bit surprised that he was using a filler but he was great neverless.He stood up for what he believed in, and got murdered in exchange.Here in the states they would have caught the animals who did it.
R.I. P. G-d bless his family.

It ain't over till it's over my friend. Revenge is mine says the Lord. We do not have to do a thing but love one another. The other Master will handle it. The universe is as it should be. Edwin's spirit lives on.
Don

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
Brother Ed with his friends.

the happiest ept-ph tourstop for me... won this event january of last year ed stayed and play beergames with oldtimers present...he even treated us out that night:sorry:

happy days in davao city (during villiards-cup)
davao051.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
the happiest ept-ph tourstop for me... won this event january of last year ed stayed and play beergames with oldtimers present...he even treated us out that night:sorry:

happy days in davao city (during villiards-cup)
davao051.jpg

I see the date of the pic. Absolutely the week of Kadayawan in Davao.
Oddly enough, the last time I had lunch with Ed was when we went to Jack's Ridge.
I hope you still have the pics.
When I open my pool place down there, I will have a tourney in honor of Ed.
Joey~Misses Ed badly, realllllly badly~

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
er-1.jpg

happy 52nd birthday (your first in heaven) i do hope you find peace and happiness there... :sorry:

Happy Birthday Pareng Edwin.
I'm sure God has a nice lathe up there for you.
A nice Gold Crown and a few San Migs.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll honor Edwin on birthday ,his 1st mine 2nd

Now I have another way to remember Edwin for ever- His birthday must be feb. 23 mines fed24. I'm 1 yr older is all. thanks for the little time we spent on az-Bandito. thanks for the ER shafts and the southwest changes. And all the other cue makers you helped from home. R. I. P. Edwin, god give all his friends(love and care for there deeply missed friend) mark

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Now I have another way to remember Edwin for ever- His birthday must be feb. 23 mines fed24. I'm 1 yr older is all. thanks for the little time we spent on az-Bandito. thanks for the ER shafts and the southwest changes. And all the other cue makers you helped from home. R. I. P. Edwin, god give all his friends(love and care for there deeply missed friend) mark

Happy Birthday Mark. :smile:

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
its been a year kumpadre... been quiet for sometime giving peace a chance in exchange for justice. till now no case number on police record??? on my part no record at all? seems we really bump into something way beyond...

was at ed's resting place this morning... with his family:sorry:
the family been thank full enough to the pool community that ed was part of...

ed's 11y/o needing therapy to return to formal schooling (boy been disturb since the brutal slaying) i do hope the organizer reconsider this cause:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=183172&highlight=bandido

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
^
One year na ba pre?:(
I miss Pareng Edwin .
I'll be in Davao in August. It'll never feel the same not seeing him there organizing a nice tournament.