Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page UPDATES: 2017 77th BottleDeck.net World 14.1
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
koreandragon
Pro Player

koreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond reputekoreandragon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-08-2017, 11:27 AM

Tied 63-63 Lee Van at table.

Watch on worldstraightpool.com
Click Day 7

... and the winner is?
Old
  (#17)
Dave
AzB Silver Member
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute

... and the winner is? - 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM

Hi,
Yes, I live in a world where communication is by tin cans and string.... I admit it!

I know the match was to 300... are they both playing poorly and still at it?

If someone would post the results, I [ maybe we] would appreciate it.

Feel free to add as much color as a you like.

Thanks.

You can reach me directly with smoke signals.

Old
  (#18)
Dan White
Banned
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi,
Yes, I live in a world where communication is by tin cans and string.... I admit it!

Thanks.

You're from Boston, right? One if by Daz, Two if by Lee. Look for the lantern.

Edit: Oops. Looks like I didn't even know who was in the finals! One if by Hohmann, two if by Lee.

Last edited by Dan White; 10-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Old
  (#19)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi,

Thanks.

It's on the Main Page. I did some small thoughts, and At Large provided statistics, as normal

Long and short: LeeVan beat Thorsten in the finals. Neither had huge runs, but LeeVan finished with an 80+ unfinished.

The word on the street is that the humidity got a lot of people. And Thorsten looked like something was holding him back. The balls weren't spreading, and he got bad, missing simple shots many times.

LeeVan played like a Filipino, shooting at all kinds of white flags, but he didn't get the huge punishment return. His willingness to go for everything won it for him. He didn't hit many break shots classically, but he didn't get in too much trouble.

LeeVan now currently holds the two prestigious 14.1 titles.

Freddie <~~~ pooled out

Hunger is the best seasoning
--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension)
Breaking Cue:Gilbert

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

Old
  (#20)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
... LeeVan now currently holds the two prestigious 14.1 titles. ...
Yup. And Corteza has a chance next week to make it sort of a grand slam at the American 14.1 Championship. That event has a much deeper field than did the US Open or the World Tournament.

Edit -- It looks like just over half of the 48 entrants in the American 14.1 live outside the USA! Fronting the US Open 9-Ball event is certainly working well!

Last edited by AtLarge; 10-09-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Old
  (#21)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2017, 11:29 AM

is the player list on the American 14.1 site updated? It seems that they just copy and paste the player descriptions from last year.

Old
  (#22)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post
is the player list on the American 14.1 site updated? It seems that they just copy and paste the player descriptions from last year.
Looks to me like it's the list for 2017: http://www.americanstraightpool.com/

[maybe you were looking at just the Previous Winners and past players page]

Old
  (#23)
Will Maynard
AzB Bronze Member
Will Maynard is on a distinguished road

10-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
It's on the Main Page. I did some small thoughts, and At Large provided statistics, as normal

Long and short: LeeVan beat Thorsten in the finals. Neither had huge runs, but LeeVan finished with an 80+ unfinished.

The word on the street is that the humidity got a lot of people. And Thorsten looked like something was holding him back. The balls weren't spreading, and he got bad, missing simple shots many times.

LeeVan played like a Filipino, shooting at all kinds of white flags, but he didn't get the huge punishment return. His willingness to go for everything won it for him. He didn't hit many break shots classically, but he didn't get in too much trouble.

LeeVan now currently holds the two prestigious 14.1 titles.

Freddie <~~~ pooled out
What was the final score? I watched it but did not note the final. I think something like 300-187? Also what is the correct spelling of Lee (Van or Vann) Corteza?

Last edited by Will Maynard; 10-09-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Old
  (#24)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

10-09-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Maynard View Post
What was the final score? I watched it but did not note the final. I think something like 300-187? Also what is the correct spelling of Lee (Van or Vann) Corteza?
300-183. Stats and inning by inning on the finals here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=461381

Rumor has it that he was named after Lee Van Cleef, the spaghetti western guy. So that would argue for one "n" (if, in fact Cleef's name was correctly spelled with just one). But I've seen Lee's name spelled "Vann" so many times that I've been using that.

Old
  (#25)
arcstats
AzB Silver Member
arcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Lee Van Corteza reminds of real competitive racehorse. Nothing flashy, but always seems to be in deep at the big events, and in straight pool, once he gets the lead, he is hard to pass. Congrats, and let's hope he maintains form In Midlothian VA next week with that field and format.

Old
  (#26)
Will Maynard
AzB Bronze Member
Will Maynard is on a distinguished road

10-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
300-183. Stats and inning by inning on the finals here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=461381

Rumor has it that he was named after Lee Van Cleef, the spaghetti western guy. So that would argue for one "n" (if, in fact Cleef's name was correctly spelled with just one). But I've seen Lee's name spelled "Vann" so many times that I've been using that.
Great stuff. Amazing stats! Thanks.

I remember Lee Van Cleef. Mustache and the quiet but deadly type. I haven't thought of him in decades.

Last edited by Will Maynard; 10-09-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Old
  (#27)
Dave
AzB Silver Member
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
You're from Boston, right? One if by Daz, Two if by Lee. Look for the lantern.

Edit: Oops. Looks like I didn't even know who was in the finals! One if by Hohmann, two if by Lee.
I just heard the hooves on the cobblestone.... with the rider shouting " two if by sea", I think...
A lot of street noise, so it could have been "two if by Lee".

I caught a glance of the rider and he went by.... weird, but it looked like he had a pool cue in his hand.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

Old
  (#28)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-11-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Maynard View Post
Lee Vann, according to him.

But what does he know?

Freddie <~~~ wrong again

Hunger is the best seasoning
--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension)
Breaking Cue:Gilbert

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: