Old
  (#16)
Jedivman
AzB Silver Member
Jedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond reputeJedivman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-03-2017, 11:00 AM

I just went through it myself. Read the first few chapters of "The 8 ball book" by the Monk. Shoot the drills and that will improve your stroke and hone the basic fundamentals we often forget.

Once your stroke is off, and your confidence is gone, you might as well hang it up. It just wont come back on it's own. Also, I wont be surprised to see that once you come out of your slump you will be shooting quite a few balls better than you were.

Old
  (#17)
john coloccia
AzB Silver Member
john coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Thank you, John. Appreciate it.

Lou Figueroa
Last piece of the puzzle came back Thursday night. It's something that I rediscovered about myself. Turns out I'm very much a rhythm player, which all gets backs to my pre-shot routine, just as you'd said. I've been concentrating on fundamentals so much that I completely threw off my rhythm, especially because I've started playing with guys who are MUCH better than I am, and it's thrown off my confidence and my rhythm got all screwed up.

When I finally got back into my rhythm, I actually started shooting much better. Not great...I've got a ways to go, but when I'm in my rhythm, the negative thoughts stay out of my head and I just shoot.

It's the last 5 or 10 seconds that seems to make all the difference. That time from when I decide exactly what I want to do to actually getting down and pulling the trigger. There's a very definite rhythm there that puts me in my happy place.

Watching Mark K. play made me aware of it. Even if he takes 30 seconds scratching his head before the shot, once the decision is made everything else happens like clockwork.

Old
  (#18)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john coloccia View Post
Last piece of the puzzle came back Thursday night. It's something that I rediscovered about myself. Turns out I'm very much a rhythm player, which all gets backs to my pre-shot routine, just as you'd said. I've been concentrating on fundamentals so much that I completely threw off my rhythm, especially because I've started playing with guys who are MUCH better than I am, and it's thrown off my confidence and my rhythm got all screwed up.

When I finally got back into my rhythm, I actually started shooting much better. Not great...I've got a ways to go, but when I'm in my rhythm, the negative thoughts stay out of my head and I just shoot.

It's the last 5 or 10 seconds that seems to make all the difference. That time from when I decide exactly what I want to do to actually getting down and pulling the trigger. There's a very definite rhythm there that puts me in my happy place.

Watching Mark K. play made me aware of it. Even if he takes 30 seconds scratching his head before the shot, once the decision is made everything else happens like clockwork.

Yes, timing can be key.

I think every player has a certain rhythm that works best for them for all their body parts to "unfold" and assume their position at the table before each shot. Introducing hesitation, pauses, and/or a slower tempo can easily throw things out of whack. By the same token, shooting too fast is never a good idea either.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#19)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2017, 01:19 PM

Try to lock on Aiming Line. Try to put some emphasis to bridge hand position(basically lining the shot-just little focus also for bridge placement) related to aiming line. If you focus just sending cueball on certain direction, not to the cut, then stroke will get straight and true.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
Do it like Efren: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqhJixAmWY One cool rack after opponent safety..
8-ball trickshots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Fu...ature=youtu.be

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: