Is this BMC Meucci worth the asking price....

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Very good points. I'm not exactly a pro but I consider myself a good player haha. Maybe not $2k cue good but more than decent. It's definitely not to impress people, I want the cue because I like it. Impressing people is on the table, not with the cue.

I'm not really 100% on buying this , as you said I could not like it and then I can't return it. It's just one I was considering along with other custom cues in this price range. I was also thinking Andy Gilbert custom. Right now I'm just gathering some opinions and so far have received great advice. And just for the record, money isn't the issue here as I have already put it aside for a nice cue, been wanting a high end cue for a while now. Thanks again guys.

If I were you I would just stick around on the forum for a while and do a lot of research. There is more information here than you could take in within a few weeks. I came to the forum and stayed here every single day researching for 3 months before I pulled the trigger on my first custom cue. I looked at different woods and other materials and how well they worked together. I looked at many different makers for the cue and found one that had already made a cue exactly how I wanted it. It was like it came to me. I bought it and have not yet regretted my purchase.

Just be sure you buy what you want and exactly how you want it. The cues aren't going anywhere. Take your time and you will enjoy the game much better when you are playing with the cue that you wanted. Trust me on this. Others will probably say the same.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Because I keep an eye on Ebay auctions all the time for Meucci cues and have seen Meucci's that retail for $700 new fetch around $300-$400 used. With that said, how would a new $2,500 Meucci bring $600 used? Just basing that on what other used Meucci's sell for. Just because he's a dealer, doesn't mean he knows EXACTLY what the pre-owned market is for every single cue, especially ones that have never sold as used.

because its not truly a 2500 dollar cue, even from a dealer. It is your money, spend it how you want. If you don't ever sell the cue and like it then its a good way to spend your money. If you hate, well you take a bath. You know that up front, so you won't be surprised at least.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

Some people buy a new car every two years and they all know as soon as they drive it off the lot it just depreciated $2,000.

If you have the bucks, then it's all good. You make it. then spend it how you want.

I've used a Meucci most of my life. Tried a lot of others...but always went back to Meucci.

LoneStarBanker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone. I'm new and just joined today. Been playing pool all my life and finally decided to join a forum lol. Anyhow, I've been looking at this fairly expensive Meucci that I'm thinking about getting. I want to know what are your opinions of it, good or bad. I'm a little bit partial to Meucci as I was shooting with my dads gambler at 12. The memory of that cue stuck with me so now, I'm looking at the Meucci Diamond cue. I can't post links since I need to hit 5 posts first, but it can be seen on Meucci's website under BMC. It's called The Diamond Cue. Thanks and look forward to your posts.

Mike

Nice cue- that cue is in my Dad's current rotation. He's looking to rotate a few so if your interested maybe it's the right time.

Because I keep an eye on Ebay auctions all the time for Meucci cues and have seen Meucci's that retail for $700 new fetch around $300-$400 used. With that said, how would a new $2,500 Meucci bring $600 used? Just basing that on what other used Meucci's sell for. Just because he's a dealer, doesn't mean he knows EXACTLY what the pre-owned market is for every single cue, especially ones that have never sold as used.

I've bought 7 used cues off eBay in the last month. I've also seen a few listed here on AZ that looked nice. However, you get what you pay for- besides one being kept securely in a box the others are pretty well used. They do play nice, but have a good amount of wear and tear.

LoneStarBanker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
006/100. Hope that the photos work- :embarrassed2:

Attachments

• rsz_diamondcue.jpg
    rsz_diamondcue.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 633
  • rsz_1diamondcue1.jpg
    rsz_1diamondcue1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:

LoneStarBanker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dad's current cue rack - ;) The "Johnny Reb" cue is a 1 of 2. maybe a prototype or 2 in the mix.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• rsz_dadcuerackl.jpg
    rsz_dadcuerackl.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 630
  • rsz_dadcuerackr.jpg
    rsz_dadcuerackr.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

meucci328

Registered
meucci experts please help

Hello everyone

I have a meucci stick that my grandfather left and its just cased up in my closet. I guess since I'm new I can't post pictures but it has a number on it that says 328 insidesomethink that looks like a glass bubble-- then under it it has roman numerals...can anyone helppp.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a better pic of that Johnny Reb cue, looks pretty neat and of course never seen before!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With that said, how would a new $2,500 Meucci bring $600 used?

Because it's not a $2,500 cue. It isn't. Really.

The market is weak. Meucci does have "followers" but not enough to prop up cues in that kind of range generally. All kidding aside about Meucci, he is a legendary maker. But I think you have some very strong indications from a group here that knows cues VERY well that the cue just isn't worth what you might hope or what the retail price would pretend.

Remember, we watch Ebay too. I myself research literally a hundred or more cues every month merely as a matter of educating myself on them.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been a Meucci dealer for many years. I started out collecting Meucci cues, and played with an MO-7 w/leather wrap for a long time. The old MO cues were top notch players. One of my all time favorite cues that I ever collected was an MO music cue...I just loved that cue, for some reason.

Meucci went through a period a little while back where their quality control REALLY suffered. Recently, I think the quality control has been much better. Bob is much more active again than he was for a long time.

The cue you want is considered the absolute top of the line BMC cue. If you want it, buy it. Whether or not myself or any others think it would be a great investment cue, screw it and buy what you want. If you want to buy it as your player, by all means, go for it. I know a lot of really strong players who play with Meucci cues...it isn't the car, it's the driver.

Best of luck to you,
Joe

Trade?WYG?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've a question ? What do you shoot with now? You said you love Meucci becuase you played with your dads gambler when you where 12 years old. Soundsto me like youve never played with any other cue and Meucci is all that you know. I

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dad's current cue rack - ;) The "Johnny Reb" cue is a 1 of 2. maybe a prototype or 2 in the mix.

Enjoy.

Can you share some details and/or more pictures of that "dukes of hazard" cue 2nd from the right?

attachment.php

Last edited: