Mike Sigel cues

ronshirley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron is that cue the same on chalkers.com. Same set up. Price may depress you though.
jdsons.

That is the same cue. It is mine. I had it on consignment to Chalkers.

She convinced me to lower the price to sell but I got some sanity back and got the cue back. There is no way it is worth that little and no way I will take that little for the cue. I paid $1500 one year ago. I will sell it but not for under $1300.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Seigel cue for awhile. I think it was well made and straight but I think it was overpriced. I traded for it with no cash involved. It did however, have a very nice hit to it and was balanced well. I thought it was a good cue to play with. Secondary market value on them is not very good though. Just my two cents.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Seigel cue for awhile. I think it was well made and straight but I think it was overpriced. I traded for it with no cash involved. It did however, have a very nice hit to it and was balanced well. I thought it was a good cue to play with. Secondary market value on them is not very good though. Just my two cents.
Agree 100%. His hand-made stuff is well made and plays fine but some of the prices you see are stupid. The import versions make a good cheap back-up/bar cue. A buddy bought one thinking it was a custom. He didn't do his homework and was PISSED when i told him his new toy was worth about 250, 'bout 5x less what he gave for it.

PracticeChampion

I just got a cuetec segal jump break in for repair. Never knew it was a thing, til now. I originally thought it was carbon but appears to be fiberglass and the fiberglass cracked which loosened the insert

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike is such a jerk that most serious cue buyers wouldnt deal with him. I was browsing his booth at SBE years ago and Mike came up and told me I probably couldnt afford his cues.....are you kidding me? That was my first time meeting Mike.

His cues sold for $2k-$6k new for a while and I knew guys that bought them and couldnt get $1K out of them on secondary. They unloaded them as soon as they could find someone who wasnt in the know about pricing.

Apparently, Mike was right. I couldnt afford buying cues for $6K and selling them for $800.

Mike was a great pool player, and a first class jerk of a person.

JMO.

Ken

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I just realized the Schon CX-61 in my signature looks somewhat similar to how Mike Segal styled his cues with ivory and malachite inlays, without the crazy price tag. :p

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I just realized the Schon CX-61 in my signature looks somewhat similar to how Mike Segal styled his cues with ivory and malachite inlays, without the crazy price tag. :p
Probably better made too. Mike's customs were nice cues but imo waay over hyped/priced for what you got.

Hubbahubby123

I have a Sigel cue that I play with regularly and I love it. I also have 5 Joss cues so I certainly have something to compare it to…love the hit and control…

Last edited:

Hubbahubby123

I am in Baltimore and remember Mike being at Joss for a while. It was great going into a room and watching him practice. It really didn't get much better than that. Most people in the room didn't know who he was, but a few of us would just watch him run ball after ball. Boy was he something to watch in the mid-80's.

I saw him at the Vegas show a few years ago, but he won't go to the SBE any longer. At least he said he would only go every 4 or 5 years. Maybe he will be back soon. I hope so.
I grew up in Middle River, Md. and I use to love going into Dan’s shop and playing on his table in his lobby while he cleaned the shaft on my cue or just some basic maintenance…

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Sigel cue that I play with regularly and I love it. I also have 5 Joss cues so I certainly have something to compare it to…love the hot and control…

If you get a chance, you should post images of your Sigel in the Cue and Case Gallery forum. I'm sure many of us would like to see some of his works while he still made cues.

EDIT: I actually considered getting a Mike Sigel cue back in 2005 when I was initially shopping for my 1st higher end player cue. I liked many of his designs, but the list prices were well past my budget at the time.

Last edited: