Players cue Turbo Lock joint

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
I recently had a request to make a shaft for a Player's cue with a Turbo Lock joint. I'm not familiar with the Turbo Lock, but I assume the shaft end is an insert. Does anyone know where you can purchase this joint?

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Did they have the turbo lock joints? What's the difference between this joint and the Uniloc Quick Release joint?

This thread has been dead nearly 5 yrs now.
Hopefully you haven't been pegged to your keyboard,
fraught with the anxiety of your inquisition for that length of time.
Just curious, have you made any efforts on your own to find an answer ?
'Google' can be incredibly helpful if you know how to use it.
You just have to make the effort.
Or were you waiting for someone to do that for you ?

SLNegative9

Registered
Wth is your problem, KJ? Are you having a bad life?

Excuse me for not being pegged to my keyboard to await your enlightening answer. I was busy working in Afghanistan and in many other places in the last 5 years. Make that 27 years now...

What were you doing? Trolling the internet all this time to post rude replies to legitimate honest questions?

Happy belated 241st Independence Day. I hope you enjoyed it and your freedom.

This thread has been dead nearly 5 yrs now.
Hopefully you haven't been pegged to your keyboard,
fraught with the anxiety of your inquisition for that length of time.
Just curious, have you made any efforts on your own to find an answer ?
'Google' can be incredibly helpful if you know how to use it.
You just have to make the effort.
Or were you waiting for someone to do that for you ?

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey SL, Happy Belated 4th of July!!

Also, it was unclear in your message but had the sound of you serving in the military, if this is the case, thank you for you service and sacrifices so people like KJ can voice whatever is in there head at the time.

However, with that said, back to your question,

I have made a couple of Predator Z2 shafts for a customer in the past that had the Players Turbo-lok joint. The one that I worked on, I had another Stock Z2 shaft that had the UniLoc insert joint in it and the shaft worked great with no issues and the alignment and facing worked well enough that the cue rolled flat and true and had no issues with loosening when you played.

However, with that said, I would get a uniloc shaft and try it on your customers cue, first, shoot with it and make sure that it works and rolls correct and so on.

Then you can make the decision if he wants just a stock uniloc replacement or if he still wants a custom shaft made and if so, then jus get the uniloc insert and build and away you go.

Hope this helps,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy:thumbup:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Wth is your problem, KJ? Are you having a bad life?

Yeah.....this is one that I should have probably let go to voice-mail.
But since I answered, I have only myself to blame.
Here's my latest take on your current insert issue.
Consider a pin change and the issue no longer exists.
Searching for obscure and possibly non-existent parts (outside of China), may not be fruitful.
The pin change solves the current issue and any future issues regarding joint compatability.

How's my life? Compared to what? I'm 70 yrs old, semi-retired and the govt. gives me money.
It could be worse.