Best Table Spots

Gate City

Owner of Gate City Billia
Silver Member
I have been using Tefco Master spots for my tables after I run out of Simonis spots that are supplied with the cloth. They probably average about 2 weeks per spot before the ends start to lift off the tables.

Is there a better spot?

Are there any tricks (besides making sure the tables are clean when applied) to getting better adhesion?

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While

The spots are wet I take a hair dryer & roll a ball around on the spot while drying it.Sticks to the cloth better

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I've been through Championship, the spots that come in a tin and Simonis but the best spots I've found are from the APA. Find an APA rep and get all you need. No one really cares that it says APA and they last 3 - 6 months and save your cloth ... which is why you use spots anyway.

rackemfr9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Champ Spot

Disclosure: I work at Championship.
We sell a sticker style spot and I hear great things about them. I've also used them in my own room and personal table. We can make a custom spot with your pool hall name and number or website etc... There is a minimum amount of rolls (250 count) that need to be ordered. I can be contacted for pricing and Buffalo Billiards in Petaluma, CA can be contacted for a reference/testimonial. We also sell Tefco tins

Bill
(847)677-4085

Gate City

Silver Member
I spoke with Seth at Championship and he said the minimum order is 20 roll (250 per roll) at $26 each plus a $50 set-up fee. That's a total of $570 for 5,000 spots. If I could get 5 room owners to go in on these, it would just be $114 per room (plus I assume a shipping charge).

Any takers?

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
Table Spots

I spoke with Seth at Championship and he said the minimum order is 20 roll (250 per roll) at $26 each plus a $50 set-up fee. That's a total of $570 for 5,000 spots. If I could get 5 room owners to go in on these, it would just be $114 per room (plus I assume a shipping charge).

Any takers?

I was 40 years in the industry......played on all Pro Tours......Opened 28 upscale Million Dollar rooms and sold a ton of tables in my time.......NEVER USED TABLE SPOTS........NEVER.......Want to know a real neat and much better trick...????? lets see who responds to this......PLUS It does'nt cost a nickle........

Gate City

Silver Member
I was 40 years in the industry......played on all Pro Tours......Opened 28 upscale Million Dollar rooms and sold a ton of tables in my time.......NEVER USED TABLE SPOTS........NEVER.......Want to know a real neat and much better trick...????? lets see who responds to this......PLUS It does'nt cost a nickle........

I'm listening.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
cost more than a nickel, plus time and handy skills, this stencil and a sharpe
last forever. Not a fare example of ware and tare though, this spot just
doesn't get used a lot, been there a couple of years now.
spot.1.jpg

I'm going to guess Gary's method is simply a quick dot with a shape,
I'm sure with a ruler involved.

Gate City

Silver Member
Gary, care to answer? If that is the answer, does anyone make these templates or do I need to create my own?

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gary, care to answer? If that is the answer, does anyone make these templates or do I need to create my own?
get me an address, I'll send you a couple of them. Any graphics shop or
person with a plotter/cutter does this, best made with the stencil material
vs cast permanent vinyl. Getha one of those sharp pointed tweezers, with a
little TLC you'll be able to get more than one mark-up with one stencil even
though the cut and apply is intended as a one time use.
Must be quick with the sharpe , any thing longer than nano NY sec. will
bleed beyond the stencil outline.

Gate City

Silver Member
Gate City Billiards Club
6004-A Landmark Center Blvd
Greensboro, NC 27407

I really appreciate that.

Gate City

Silver Member
Dan, I received the spots. I haven't tried them yet, but I wanted to thank you for sending them.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, I'm Chris at Family Billiards outside of Boone, NC. Some of our regulars play down at your place occasionally in your weekly tournament. Personally, I prefer Master spots over Simonis spots. They don't last that long, but for the price of roughly 10 cents each, it's not a big deal. I've had a major problem with the black on the Simonis spots bleeding on to the ball racked on the spot - usually the 1 ball. When I've talked to Simonis about this, they claim they've never heard this complaint before - BS! If you buy your Simonis cloth from Simonis, upon request, they will either send you additional sheets of the Simonis spots for no charge, or for a very reasonable charge.

Gate City

Silver Member
I did a bunch of research on this. I found out that the APA spots last a lot longer than any other. However, I do not want APA spots on my tables. I found out that Pool Dawg supplies them with their spots so I contacted them to see if they make any other. Turns out that Championship (the cloth makers) make the APA spots for them. Long story short, Championship will make custom spots so I created a design with Gate City Billiards on them. I had to make too many, but they are by far the best spots I have ever used.

With Master and Simonis spots I was lucky to get two weeks out of them. With these spots, most are lasting more than two months, and a few I have not replaced yet after more than four months of usage.

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to sell some of the spots. However, they do say Gate City Billiards on them.

GCBC Table Spot.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen tables that had no spots on them. Over time, as the impact during a hard break on the head ball gets directed down in to the cloth, it will wear out the cloth directly under the spot to the point that it wears through the cloth.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have seen tables that had no spots on them. Over time, as the impact during a hard break on the head ball gets directed down in to the cloth, it will wear out the cloth directly under the spot to the point that it wears through the cloth.

Amen. It was once recommended that we forgo the spots after having all are tables recovered with 860HR. It was all fine and dandy for about 3 months, then low and behold, all are tables had holes drilled directly through our new cloth right under the head ball. I'll just change the spots out every 2-3 weeks, lots easier than changing cloth. Brian.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey, I'm Chris at Family Billiards outside of Boone, NC. Some of our regulars play down at your place occasionally in your weekly tournament. Personally, I prefer Master spots over Simonis spots. They don't last that long, but for the price of roughly 10 cents each, it's not a big deal. I've had a major problem with the black on the Simonis spots bleeding on to the ball racked on the spot - usually the 1 ball. When I've talked to Simonis about this, they claim they've never heard this complaint before - BS! If you buy your Simonis cloth from Simonis, upon request, they will either send you additional sheets of the Simonis spots for no charge, or for a very reasonable charge.

Try the new Simonis white spots. Brian.