Can the beloved British princess run a rack?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She is an avid sportswoman who routinely gives her husband a run for his money at events, but today she tried her hand at pool. :p

Visiting a mental health center for children in South Wales on Wednesday, February 22, she spent time talking to children and teens with mental health issues before picking up a pool cue. :cool:

Princess Kate, who wore a burgundy suit paired with knee-high boots, impressed in the style stakes. Craig Davies, a 15-year-old teenager at the center, described her pool playing as "dreadful." :embarrassed2:

The duchess became royal patron of children's charity Action for Children in December when Queen Elizabeth II passed on some of her responsibilities due to her advancing age.:smiling-heart:

Okay. She can't run a rack, but she's still a hero in my book for giving her time to a charitable cause.

Read more ---> Princess Kate Plays Pool [Retrieved 23 February 2017]

What kind of game is this? The balls have no numbers, and the table looks like it's a 6-footer. Hey, I might be able to run a rack on this midget table. :grin-square:

Attachments

• Britain_Kate_68556.jpg
    Britain_Kate_68556.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,182
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The smallest table in the world.

Attachments

• Princess Kate Pool 1.jpg
    Princess Kate Pool 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,158

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like everybody had a good time. :)

Attachments

• Princess Kate Pool 2.jpg
    Princess Kate Pool 2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,159

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be happy to help with her stroke..... :grin:

By the way, does anybody else see Jesus Christ in that second pic?

BFrench501

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chopdoc - back of the queue son she's mine! ;) Kate Middleton is beautiful,

Yep - English 8ball. A rather sad game in my opinion. Played with 2" object balls and 1 7/8" cueball. If there is a foul, you get 2 shots ball in hand behind the line or the 'D' (depending on the rule set). What's even worse is most British players will play the same rules on American tables!! It's an abhorrent abomination!

My objections lie mainly with having 2 shots and a different sized cueball. It makes drawing back look really easy, and 2 shots encourages players to just play very negatively.

I've been bred on just American Pool which is very rare for players in England who start with snooker or English 8-ball. You have to be accurate with your aim and the safety play can be very difficult.

It is a game that requires skill, but I think it is not a very rich game unlike 9/10ball, 1P, Filipino rotation and Snooker.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really admire her. Like Princess Diana, she is trying to make a difference in charitable causes for children.

And she sure does look good doing it. What a shooter! What a gal!

Attachments

• 3D86ABE000000578-4245822-image-a-9_1487788794175.jpg
    3D86ABE000000578-4245822-image-a-9_1487788794175.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,048

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Title of this thread made me think it would be about Allison. JAM, ya got me! In a good way, of course.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I would be happy to help with her stroke..... :grin:

By the way, does anybody else see Jesus Christ in that second pic?

Yeah, looks like she needs a little work alright. Needs to bend over more and open up her stance a lot.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some women are so special they deserve to be called princess. She is one of them! Special and rare, a credit to her gender! Thanks Jennie, your special too!

Reactions: JAM

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Some women are so special they deserve to be called princess. She is one of them! Special and rare, a credit to her gender! Thanks Jennie, your special too!

eh, royalty. the welfare "queens" of England ;)

Last edited: