Reviews on Tiger Sniper

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please tell me your experience with this tip.
Does it hold shape, does it play consistent, does it hold together when shaping?
Just looking for opinions of those who have used the tip.
Thanks in advance

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play with a Sniper. Plays great and I haven't had any problems with it. Just ordered an OB shaft that had the Everest on it and am probably going to change to Sniper very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
love the sniper tips. i put one on every year to 14 months...if needed.

After the initial break in and reshape.....i might only need to lightly put an edge on it like 3 times in the life of the tip.

great feel and control.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one that came on my Pro-X and I think it's fantastic. I don't believe I've shaped it in the 6+ months I've had it. I've heard of others complaining that it hardens and I believe some have trouble with it popping off. No issues for me.

I've played with Everest, Sniper and Onyx from Tiger.
Only the Onyx I can truly recommend.

The Everest starts out OK, but after ~3-4 months suddenly gets just uncomfortably hard and feel-less, dead and hard. Lots of shaping, roughing, .... Don't get it, it's cheap mass medium tip.

The Sniper is good for about 6 months, then needs some serious roughing up. In the beginning is very nice, grippy, a bit bouncy, great feeling.
Then it also gets harder and a bit feelless.
Extremely (really extremely) consistent on each layer, no warping, no mushrooming, no shape problems, but gets a bit flat in the middle so you need to round it from time to time. Holds chalk well.

Onyx is a slightly softer Sniper and holds the softness better. Also being black it looks fantastic. Very grippy and nice.

I use Ultraskins now, very similar to the Onyx somehow and much cheaper.

Cheers,
M

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been installing the sniper for 10 years or so on my personal cues. I love it. I don't touch it once its put on. Holds its shape IMO better than any other tip out there (that I have tried). It has a quieter thud type hit, not a ping type hit, if any of that matters to you.

detroitfan0877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a sniper on my shaft for about a year now and I'm about ready for a new one. I really like it...no maintenence what so ever since I've put it on. When I first got it it was very springy and hard to shoot with but got much better after a week. So if you need to use the shaft for anything that's important is advise to wait until you have a week to break it in.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to have someone that knows what they are doing to install them. you're supposed to wet the sides as you trim it down.

My experience has been that they are a great medium-soft tip when new, and a great medium tip when they are worn down.

I am like some others in that I think ultraskins are just as good at about 1/4 the price - although they too require a fair amount of maintenance like the sniper does

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked mine it's a good tip it needs work now and then I would rate it about a 7 I like the kumui clear SS and the ultra skin better , but that's just me

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please tell me your experience with this tip.
Does it hold shape, does it play consistent, does it hold together when shaping?
Just looking for opinions of those who have used the tip.
Thanks in advance

Good tips. Never had any problems with them.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love my sniper tip, low maintenance, seems medium hard to me, Have it on a G-core. I would recommend, price was 22.50 which was higher than I thought it'd be, probably go with something else if it ever wears down. But I would buy one again, good control, nice feel, took a long time to sand down and then shape tho

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still need more information before I decide which tip to use.
I am currently using a Kamui medium, but it feels like it is not hitting the same as it did. Not sure why.
Still thinking about switching. To what is the question.........

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I got Sniper tips on my snooker cue and my main pool cue....
...I like it when they harden up...but still feels like you can't miscue.

So I'm a Sniper fan...as long as he's not aiming at me....:eek:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not trying to hi-jack a thread here but if you like Snipers you really need to try the Moori J. Super tip. JoeB.(CueComponents) has them on sale for,IIRC, 14bux. IMO, its the best tip Moori has ever put out.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got Sniper tips on my snooker cue and my main pool cue....
...I like it when they harden up...but still feels like you can't miscue.

Interesting to use a Sniper on a Snooker cue. Isn't it a bit too tall (thick) for a Snooker cue? Note that I'm playing a 9mm tip.

For my Snooker cue I use a soft Phoenix water buffalo and this is truly amazing in feel, consistency and it has a direct softness. Does not glaze :) But needs some work putting on.
Didnt like O'Min, Talisman were better but not bouncy enough.

As for the poster - take Ultraskin S and M and try them. Its not expensive.
The sniper really is good but more more medium-hard, nice grip, nice consistency, nice error margin.

Cheers,
M