Looking for thoughts about 5 old unknown cue shafts?

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
My thought is I hope you didn't pay much. You might have a collection of back scratchers there.:D

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My first thought was, why did you buy 5 warped shafts?

Dexter36

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the cue that is second from the right, here are the pics. Not really sure what kind it is as I purchased it from a guy at the pool hall in salt lake. I keep thinking it's an action cue. That being said, the one thing I can tell you is that the inlays and stuff are not real, plastic covers with designs on them.

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpg
    IMG_3215.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3214.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 298
I have the cue that is second from the right, here are the pics. Not really sure what kind it is as I purchased it from a guy at the pool hall in salt lake. I keep thinking it's an action cue. That being said, the one thing I can tell you is that the inlays and stuff are not real, plastic covers with designs on them.

The pictures had me fooled. My 1st thought was Schon, lol.

Dexter36

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, when I bought it I was under no assumption that it was actually a schon, but the first thing I said when I saw it was "design wise it kinda looks like a schon" :D

Justin, pass on that. Really.

When I seen the 2nd one from the left, with the wooden threads, I thought it might be decent. Someone did put a layered tip on that one, if that means anything. I also thought that the pilot on the 2nd shaft from the right looked like a wooden pilot, and that looked unique to me. And I thought the shaft in the middle might be from an old Viking cue.

If they are all warped though, then it would not matter anyways, because they will be pretty worthless. If they are all warped, then maybe they could be used as a break shaft on someones break cue.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
If they are all warped, then maybe they could be used as a break shaft on someones break cue.

If you're into gardening, save them for stakes. Of course you could always invest more by having a cuemaker or repair man plug and re-tap the threads, change deco rings, ferrules, tips, re-size, refinish, etc. Another idea is to have cue butts built for each shaft.