Dechaine vs Chang Gotham 9b Final $11k About To Start Now 11:15 pm Sunday

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Patrick Chang? I've only ever seen this name in New York tournaments possibly this one from last year? Is it like how Kevin Chang has an actual Chinese name as well and I'm probably more familiar with his formal (Chinese) name?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Who is Patrick Chang? I've only ever seen this name in New York tournaments possibly this one from last year? Is it like how Kevin Chang has an actual Chinese name as well and I'm probably more familiar with his formal (Chinese) name?

Don't know much about him other than he can flat out play and he travels with the Taiwanese Typhoon contingent.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He is Chang Yu Lung. Goes by Patrick here in the states.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

As benny said, his name is Chang Yu-Lung. He is not Chang Jung-Lin (2nd in the US Open 9-Ball last year) or Cheng Yu-Hsuan (Kevin -- 1st in the US Open 9-Ball 2 years ago).

Patrick Chang is legitimately a top-level player. He paired with Ko Pin-Yi to win the World Cup of Pool in 2015, won the China Open in 2014, and has lots of other high finishes. The AzB database for him is here: http://www.azbilliards.com/people/7039-yu-lung-chang/

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As benny said, his name is Chang Yu-Lung. He is not Chang Jung-Lin (2nd in the US Open 9-Ball last year) or Cheng Yu-Hsuan (Kevin -- 1st in the US Open 9-Ball 2 years ago).

Patrick Chang is legitimately a top-level player. He paired with Ko Pin-Yi to win the World Cup of Pool in 2015, won the China Open in 2014, and has lots of other high finishes. The AzB database for him is here: http://www.azbilliards.com/people/7039-yu-lung-chang/

Here is another view

Attachments

• changs.png
    changs.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 533

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knocked out after 10pm. it was crazy to me that the finals started that late on a sunday night. but im not organizing these events.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Morra retires and then wins several tourneys, and now Mike retires and then wins probably the biggest tournament of his career, I've decided to announce my retirement from pool today.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
After Morra retires and then wins several tourneys, and now Mike retires and then wins probably the biggest tournament of his career, I've decided to announce my retirement from pool today.

That's terrific news....I was looking to stake someone.....

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

That was an interesting point about Mike, so I checked. Looks like it might be the second highest tournament prize he has ever won. In 2011 he won $16,600 for first place in the Ultimate 10-Ball Championship in Texas.

But kudos to Kevin Buckley for the financial commitment he made to his tournament.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks that def answers my questions I figured he was someone I'd heard of just under a diff name. I actually love the way he plays and I ve incorporated some of his style into my own. Mostly his stance and the fact he doesn't get all the way down with his chin on the cue he stands up more than any of the pros I've seen besides older guys that physically can't get that low. But yea I sight the ball and just play better when I'm not all the way down and after seeing someone play that way at the highest level I figured if he can I can. But thanks again I've seen him play under pat chang before and now I know

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was an interesting point about Mike, so I checked. Looks like it might be the second highest tournament prize he has ever won. In 2011 he won $16,600 for first place in the Ultimate 10-Ball Championship in Texas.

But kudos to Kevin Buckley for the financial commitment he made to his tournament.

I second that comment about Kevin Buckley.
There are very few promoters in cue sports who commit to the add money in a tournament, regardless of the number of paid entrants.
Pat Fleming is one, and Kevin Buckley is another.
Actually, Kevin added even more than was advertised because he let amateurs enter at a reduced fee, and then made up the difference out of his own pocket !
This Gotham City 9-Ball Open had more added money than many other, more highly publicized, tournaments.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HUGE shout out to MD for snapping this off again almost make it to him what the US Open has been to Shane and Turning Stone to Shaw. Much respect to him, say what you want about the guy he comes through and shows up.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Following suit, I'd like to announce my retirement from playing the Powerball.