Bacote Schmelke Fancy Sneaky

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive the bad cell pics, my phone doesnt take clear pictures anymore for some reason.
I wanted to mess around with a wood to wood joint as its been a lot of years since Ive played with anything but a Schon. I ordered the cue with some custom specs 60" even split, 12mm shaft (as an extra shaft for golf), black joint rings, no logo (I asked if they could just do a little "S", but they said no), and Hoppe rings at the butt. All for under 150 bucks. Unbelievable amount of quality and craftsmanship for not a lot of dough.
The only thing I didnt realize was since I wanted to use a predator shaft for most of my playing, I should have mentioned that so that the joint size would match up. As it is, the joint diameter is a bit bigger than the predator shaft diameter, but I like the cue so much, Im keeping this one to use as a breaker with a different shaft (a stinger shaft thats closer in size), and Im ordering another Schmelke with a birdseye front and little different joint.

All of the points are even, the wood looks good. Fit and finish is excellent. The 3/8 10 pin they use makes me think they cut their own pins, but Im guessing there. Overall I couldnt be happier with the cue, and when you factor in the price, Im very impressed.

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
S cue

Cue looks nice for 150. The days I've played my best pool in my life I was
using a sneaky, go figure and I've got cues in the thousands. But always play
my best with cheap sneakys of good quality.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice review, I've been kicking around the idea of trying a Schmelke sneaky myself, glad to hear you're pleased with it. I've been wondering if they can make one to a .840" joint diameter so it would match up with aftermarket shafts easily. Would make a great and cheap player.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just ordered a Schmelke break cue at 18.5 oz with a stainless joint and protectors for under $150 shipped. I hope to get it this week. I have been looking at their players too, but have too many to use. Figured I'd try a lighter break cue, US made....

mojoatomic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking cue - you just can't get hurt buying a Schmelke. I love the quality, service and the price.

I've got a custom one in the works that should be almost done, hopefully I'll get it next week.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a chance to play with one of their $100 cues.
It looked like a $100 cue.
Played like a $1000 cue.
Go figure.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive the bad cell pics, my phone doesnt take clear pictures anymore for some reason.
I wanted to mess around with a wood to wood joint as its been a lot of years since Ive played with anything but a Schon. I ordered the cue with some custom specs 60" even split, 12mm shaft (as an extra shaft for golf), black joint rings, no logo (I asked if they could just do a little "S", but they said no), and Hoppe rings at the butt. All for under 150 bucks. Unbelievable amount of quality and craftsmanship for not a lot of dough.
The only thing I didnt realize was since I wanted to use a predator shaft for most of my playing, I should have mentioned that so that the joint size would match up. As it is, the joint diameter is a bit bigger than the predator shaft diameter, but I like the cue so much, Im keeping this one to use as a breaker with a different shaft (a stinger shaft thats closer in size), and Im ordering another Schmelke with a birdseye front and little different joint.

All of the points are even, the wood looks good. Fit and finish is excellent. The 3/8 10 pin they use makes me think they cut their own pins, but Im guessing there. Overall I couldnt be happier with the cue, and when you factor in the price, Im very impressed.

Did you have to pay extra for the hoppe ring? I see the cue on the Schmelke site but it has just a white butt cap.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

It's a real disappointment to me that a big-time case maker like you can't take better pics.
Nice cue though, I wonder if they made it from a Schmelke blank

:smile:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a real disappointment to me that a big-time case maker like you can't take better pics.
Nice cue though, I wonder if they made it from a Schmelke blank

:smile:

Lol, I have a fancy camera that I use for taking case pictures, but I usually dont break it out for spur of the moment stuff. :thumbup:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Lovely cue Chuck :thumbup: I have three Schmelke sneakys. One I ordered on a Saturday by phone and spoke with David Schmelke, an excellent experience (as were the other two orders, they are a first class outfit imo). Anyway, I asked for a specific joint size (the exact size of the first cue) so I could use any shaft (each is a different taper) with any butt. They accommodated the request on the second and third cues perfectly.

In my opinion these Schmelke sneaky petes are a great cue and an outstanding value.

Dave

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I got the 'twin' to the first cue in yesterday, and Im even happier with this one!
Great wood grain, bacote into birdseye on this one, Hoppe rings and a little fancier joint. Now I have a nice matched set! :grin-square:

Ill take the camera to the pool hall next time I go out to get better pictures, but here it is.

Considering I already had the predator shafts and the stinger break shaft, I had 2 cues made, with custom specs on length, joint and butt diameters etc for under $300.
Cant beat Schemlke for a high quality, made in the USA cue. When you factor in their prices its a no brainer.

Thanks again Schmelke! :grin: