WWYD 10-Ball

Ccarroll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wwyd

Stop shot on the 1 ball hiding cue behind the cluster banking the 1, 4 rails behind the other side of the cluster

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
How is this a horrible roll out if player B turned down the shot and gave it back?

Because if the skill level of the seated Pro player took their time to look at this layout, that player would of immediately realized their advantage. But....by giving it back they are showing lack of knowledge, and they could easily be hooked giving the shot back. I'll take this FREE shot EVERY time, against anyone and like it.
The player who rolled out got LUCKY his opponent gave the shot back. You think Alex wouldn't tighten ya up on this shot ;).

Last edited:

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Billy's comment after the shot. "In order to put that down you have to have a lot of confidence... in making shots you're not supposed to shoot.", lol.

I believe in the old adage that states when the safety is just as hard as the shot, go offensive. That being said I think there were viable defensive options, not to mention about 19 different ways to sell out by shooting the shot. Shaw is an offensive juggernaut, however, and he figured to get out if that shot went well, so I can't be too critical. And his backer got a free stress test out of the deal. :)

Aaron

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a match between two pros. Player A pushed out to this position. Player B gave the shot back. Now Player A must shoot. Standard 10-ball, call shot, call safe rules. WWYD? (I'll post a link to the video later)

Who is opponent: Junior Ko bro? If so, hard to believe he gave it back?

Since it's Shaw shooting, with his stroke, surprised he didn't make the 6, carom the 1 and power draw into the 4, making it off the 10, and spin out two rails for the 5 or 2?? uptable...that would be a nice shot...and something not surprising with his confidence and stroke.;);):eek::eek:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is opponent: Junior Ko bro? If so, hard to believe he gave it back?

That's Ko Pin-Yi's younger brother, Ko Ping-Chung, but not the youngest Ko brother. Supposedly the youngest brother breaks better than Pin-Yi and Ping-Chung.

2strong4u

Banned
I like Billy's comment after the shot. "In order to put that down you have to have a lot of confidence... in making shots you're not supposed to shoot.", lol.

I believe in the old adage that states when the safety is just as hard as the shot, go offensive. That being said I think there were viable defensive options, not to mention about 19 different ways to sell out by shooting the shot. Shaw is an offensive juggernaut, however, and he figured to get out if that shot went well, so I can't be too critical. And his backer got a free stress test out of the deal. :)

Aaron

This is why Shaw is such a powerful player. When he shoots agressively and intimidates other top pros he shows how dominant he can be.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Since this was WWYD. I'm gonna try and come off the 1 and put him behind the 2. If I get ball in hand I have a chance to play safe again using the 10 and 4 or play the 1 off the 4 and get the 10 out of there.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This is a match between two pros. Player A pushed out to this position. Player B gave the shot back. Now Player A must shoot. Standard 10-ball, call shot, call safe rules. WWYD? (I'll post a link to the video later)

I don't think that player would be giving Jayson any more push outs back.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't think that player would be giving Jayson any more push outs back.

I can be a little stubborn sometimes....I think I would keep leaving him shots like that.
As a matter of fact, I'd like to give this shot to him as a proposition bet.
....the ball is almost a diamond away, and the pocket is not a bucket.