"Play Your Best Straight Pool" ($19.17) at Overstock.com

bigskyblue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found Phil Capelle's (416) page masterpiece on the art of straight pool, new at - Overstock.com - for only ($19.17) and ($2.95) shipping.

Having checked this book out at the local library, I knew I had to have my own copy.
This book was selling for over ($60) on Amazon the last time I looked.

This post is not meant to be a commercial for the book, just a heads up for those of us who love "The Genius Game" - 14.1.

Peace

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up. I had a PDF file of this but I cannot read hundreds of pages on my computer so I just bought it now.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing, I beleive I'll be getting me of these for Christmas now

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
This right here is the ENCYCLOPIA of all 14.1

such a great book put together by Phil

I actually have 2 copies, one of which Phil autographed for me.

I highly reccomend this and all of Phil's other books on pool. that includes his other Book/DVD called "Break Shot Patterns"

-Steve

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Overstock refunded me due to an inventory error. Anyone else?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Overstock refunded me due to an inventory error. Anyone else?

Me too. I ordered it as soon as the first post went up (Thank you, by the way), and then, this morning, I received this message: "We regret to inform you that due to an inventory error we were unable to ship the item listed below and a refund has been issued to your original form of payment."

I'm guessing that the vendor made a pricing error and pulled the plug. Here's to hoping that some of you guys are luckier than I was!

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to order it from the publishers site linked in this thread. Pretty much the same price.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to order it from the publishers site linked in this thread. Pretty much the same price.

I just did exactly that, after seeing that the price is pretty much the same (shipping is free). Better for Phil Capelle, too, I would hope, if we skip the middle man.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Overstock order was cancelled due to lack of stock. Lucky for me, now I can order the newer edition for around the same price. I do appreciate the original heads up though.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Overstock order was cancelled due to lack of stock. Lucky for me, now I can order the newer edition for around the same price. I do appreciate the original heads up though.

There's something ironic about a company named Overstock being out of stock. :wink:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Second Edition

The copy being sold on Overstock.com has the same cover as the volume shown in Dennis Walsh's posting. Here's a link to the checkout page at Overstock.com.
http://www.overstock.com/cart?reqadd_439422=

Yeah, both editions have the same cover. I have 2 copies of the first edition.(I lend it out a lot) I bought the Second edition to help support Phil.

Here is what he told me about the new edition:

The diagrams have Grid Lines – better perspective, easier to set up the shots
Other improvements in the diagrams
About 100 of the diagrams have been identified as something to practice (not just the shots in the practice chapter)
Key ideas are bolded – easy to refer back to them
Lessons replaced tips – and there are more of them
Rewritten from start to finish
New font and a new look
- the book is going to have Layflat binding. This is not spiral, but it does make it easier to lay the book open and set up the practice exercises.

Phil

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Thank you for the information. I ordered a copy based on the reviews and this post, and they somehow screwed up sending my wife an email about the refund. (This is my kids' Christmas present to me, so she's "taking care of it".)

Without this post, I wouldn't have checked, but we were refunded, too. Ordering from Capelle.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the information. I ordered a copy based on the reviews and this post, and they somehow screwed up sending my wife an email about the refund. (This is my kids' Christmas present to me, so she's "taking care of it".)

Without this post, I wouldn't have checked, but we were refunded, too. Ordering from Capelle.

I'm chucking because my order (now from Capelle) is also for a Christmas present for me from someone in the family. They've always said "You're so hard to shop for!" Getting back into pool has improved that picture, big time! There are all sorts of gifts to suggest!

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I'm chucking because my order (now from Capelle) is also for a Christmas present for me from someone in the family. They've always said "You're so hard to shop for!" Getting back into pool has improved that picture, big time! There are all sorts of gifts to suggest!

LOL!

Yep. Helped me come up with gifts for others, too. I have three kids and one 42" pool cue for the two youngest to share, and every other cue is 57" or so, which is a bit too long for the oldest. My Christmas shopping included two McDermott Prodigies, a 42" and a 52" for the older kids.