Heart & Stroke Charity Doubles 8-Ball (CPA) - $10,000

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played in a very well ran tournament this weekend. It was the Heart & Stroke Charity Doubles 8-Ball Tournament in Kincardine, Ontario. Handicap system & rules were CPA and they had three divisions, A (SL12), B (SL10) and C (SL6). It ran Friday to Sunday and the 'A' division (32 Teams) alone had a total Price Pot of over $10,000 including the Calcutta (Tournament $3,800 & Calcutta $7,700estimated).

If I was told correctly it has been running for 16+ years and has raised over $100,000 for Heart & Stroke.

Well done to all involved.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Played in a very well ran tournament this weekend. It was the Heart & Stroke Charity Doubles 8-Ball Tournament in Kincardine, Ontario. Handicap system & rules were CPA and they had three divisions, A (SL12), B (SL10) and C (SL6). It ran Friday to Sunday and the 'A' division (32 Teams) alone had a total Price Pot of over $10,000 including the Calcutta (Tournament $3,800 & Calcutta $7,700estimated).

If I was told correctly it has been running for 16+ years and has raised over $100,000 for Heart & Stroke.

Well done to all involved.

This tournament has been going strong for a long time. I played it almost every year when I lived up in Walkerton and looked forward to it every single year.

How did you team fair out? Which division did you play in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This tournament has been going strong for a long time. I played it almost every year when I lived up in Walkerton and looked forward to it every single year.

How did you team fair out? Which division did you play in?

It was our first time and we thought it was a Scotch Doubles tournament. We didn't realize until just before our match that it wasn't. LOL

We played 'A' division and didn't fair very well, out in the third round. It was a good experience and I'm pretty sure we will do it again.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
It was our first time and we thought it was a Scotch Doubles tournament. We didn't realize until just before our match that it wasn't. LOL

We played 'A' division and didn't fair very well, out in the third round. It was a good experience and I'm pretty sure we will do it again.

lol. Yeah it's a straight doubles tournament. Where did you make the trip from? Is the tournament still held at the sutton park hotel?

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. Yeah it's a straight doubles tournament. Where did you make the trip from? Is the tournament still held at the sutton park hotel?

Still at Sutton and we went over from Barrie.