Brunswick Anniversary triangle holder mount?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright I've got a question regarding my Anniversary's triangle holder. It seems to hold the rack too far out and just gets in the way. I was wondering if anyone has photos of how this is suppose to mount. I'm not 100% sure this one is the correct one for a drop pocket anniversary, but after looking at the NOS ones on the internet it would seem to be what the supply sites specify for the drop pocket version. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry about the pics being upside down, or sideways. I suppose I need to delete the pics and try again. I deleted the pic of the ball box below so this one below is about the best I can do, you can clearly see the triangle sticks out too far. I suppose I can improvise and remount it, but I would like to do it the right way if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Alright I've got a question regarding my Anniversary's triangle holder. It seems to hold the rack too far out and just gets in the way. I was wondering if anyone has photos of how this is suppose to mount. I'm not 100% sure this one is the correct one for a drop pocket anniversary, but after looking at the NOS ones on the internet it would seem to be what the supply sites specify for the drop pocket version. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry about the pics being upside down, or sideways. I suppose I need to delete the pics and try again. I deleted the pic of the ball box below so this one below is about the best I can do, you can clearly see the triangle sticks out too far. I suppose I can improvise and remount it, but I would like to do it the right way if possible.

Flat side out will help :confused:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flat side out will help :confused:

Not in this case, that's the first thing I thought immediately after the mechanic installed it. It still sticks out the same distance either way. He tried to mount it in a couple of locations, but none were right so I said just leave it and I'll mess with it later. I'll probably just remove it and leave off. I don't see too many of the drop pocket versions with it anyway, maybe just a hook down there would be better.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a new age thing, isn't it?

I'm a member of a few forums and most are like that for me nowadays. No matter what I do most of the pics turn out inverted. Oh how I miss the photobucket days of easily posting nice big pics. If I didn't know better I would almost say that Photobucket is sabotaging the internet pic posting.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even an upside down pic looking straight at it would help.

Alright here we go. A straight on pic...maybe I'll get lucky and it will post without being inverted.

Edit: well no luck today, still inverted. I can mount it flush with the ball box, but that will require some cutting/modifications. Do you guys agree that it needs to be flush with the ball box?

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

marcoelslager

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
move rack holder

Take out the 4 screws and move under table further? Too simple? Or move brackets so you can use same holes?

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take out the 4 screws and move under table further? Too simple? Or move brackets so you can use same holes?

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do, just move it back far enough to keep the triangle from protruding. It will require some spacers, or modification of sorts though. I now see the original holes for the bracket and they are on the other end of the table. No big deal, just wanted it to look original as possible. I see no need to swap aprons or rails, this aftermarket holder will require the same mod either way. Thanks for the input. It's simple in theory, but to get it back that far it will have to be mounted much lower than I wanted it to be since the crossmember where the leg bolts is in the way.

Edit: alright I think I figured this out, pretty sure this holder I have is for the ball return models and mine is a drop pockets. I'll make it work though. I have some 3/4" walnut leftover from a previous project, I might just give it an upgrade while I'm at.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like they came that way. I could swear I used to have to take the rack out and set it aside when shooting a shot that required getting my leg right up against the table where the triangle stuck out.

Random picture...

Attachments

• anni_1024x1024.jpg
    anni_1024x1024.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 303

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Here is your pic right side up. the rack sticking out would drive me nutz too. Good luck with a fix.

IMG_2142.jpg

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I 've taken several photos of my 9' drop pocket D.C. When I can get on the computer, I'll post pictures. Don't do any major surgery yet... :smile:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might have to split images into separate posts. This table came out of a one owner single home, so I'm guessing it's somewhere near correct. Frankly I ain't got a clue! It does fit quite well however...

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect! I see exactly what I need to do now. As I had suspected, the brackets that came with this restored table are not the originals, and likely to be for the ball return version. I do appreciate the seller including it with the sale though and I'll certainly make mod on the brackets and install it correctly per the above instructions. Thank you so much for the details pics.

What a beautiful table! I think I had read about you and your table when reviewing the forum on Brunswick Anniversaries. If I'm right I think I read where you moved from Florida to Denver when you were 64 and this Anniversary was the table that you had always dreamed of. I remember that because it's similar to my story as well. I'll post some pics of my Anniversary after visiting the test section of the forum and figure out why my pics are all inverted when they post. I miss Denver, lived there for 4 years back in the 80s while in the Air Force.

Last edited:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect! I see exactly what I need to do now. As I had suspected, the brackets that came with this restored table are not the originals, and likely to be for the ball return version. I do appreciate the seller including it with the sale though and I'll certainly make mod on the brackets and install it correctly per the above instructions. Thank you so much for the details pics.

What a beautiful table! I think I had read about you and your table when reviewing the forum on Brunswick Anniversaries. If I'm right I think I read where you moved from Florida to Denver when you were 64 and this Anniversary was the table that you had always dreamed of. I remember that because it's similar to my story as well. I'll post some pics of my Anniversary after visiting the test section of the forum and figure out why my pics are all inverted when they post. I miss Denver, lived there for 4 years back in the 80s while in the Air Force.

If you can throw $90 at it, this is what you need.
https://www.classicbilliards.net/an...tennial/under-frame-ball-triangle-holder.html

Mine's cheesy wood. This might be plastic??? Dunno. Usual disclaimer; don't know the guy nor have I ever dealt with him. I always called it an Oklahoma guarantee. Any parts that fall off in the driveway are yours.

Yep, same guy whose thread you referenced. Health failing, but we have a four year old Grandson whom I hope to tutor and hand the table and Schon down to if I'm around. I'm a computer idiot, or I'd help you with your images. Perhaps start a thread. Somebody will help you out I'm certain...:smile: Can't wait to see your wonderful table!!! :thumbup2: Checked the link once again, and the "box" is wooden...

Last edited:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is mine on a Centennial after a few modifications. Completely out of the way.

Rack holder.jpg