Old
  (#16)
Roger Long
Sonoran Cue Creations
Roger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Long has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

03-09-2009, 01:53 PM

Joey,

When it became painfully apparent that the time for Doug to pass on was drawing very close, there was one prayer that I kept offering up to God, and that prayer was that someone would share the Gospel of Christ with him; and now I find out that God had already answered that prayer through you. You was a true Christian friend to Doug. Thank you.

Roger

Extra fine players' cues made from desert-aged hardwoods. http://www.sonorancues.com
Also visit us at Maestro's Pro Shop, offering Certified Instruction, Custom Built Cues, Expert Cue Repairs and more:http://www.maestrosproshop.com

Old
  (#17)
Rubyron
R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Rubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond reputeRubyron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3000

03-09-2009, 05:18 PM

Here's the first picture I ever saw of Doug. IIRC, this was taken and posted on this site by Mike Janis.

Old
  (#18)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM

JoeyA... You have class my friend. It sounds like you both came out winners having one another. I'm sure Doug is smiling down right now. Be well!

JBK

Old
  (#19)
pltrgyst
AzB Bronze Member
pltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond reputepltrgyst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-09-2009, 09:13 PM

My condolences to his Barbarachnid and those who knew him well, particularly Joey.

During all the years of RSB banter, I never got to shoot pool with him, but did get to play some poker with him down in Tampa a couple of years ago. He was as nice a guy in person as Becky & Jim -- and others -- had told us.

The sense of loss in the online pool community is palpable. Smorg's the Hall of Fame unanimous #1 both here and in RSB, without a doubt.

-- Larry (the slow one)

Old
  (#20)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2025

03-09-2009, 11:09 PM

I am looking forward to pics of my friend from afar.

I googled "The best friend a person could possibly have" and it came up JoeyA. dummy me, that was a given!

....................Bob

Old
  (#21)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2009, 11:18 PM

I requested a while back for Smorg to be a friend here on AZ. It remains unchecked and I pray it remains that way. I will get that personally when the Biggest Fish Of All (God almighty) comes to collect this little pollywog (me)!

....................Bob

Old
  (#22)
Secaucus Fats
Banned
Secaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2009, 04:27 PM

I have some pictures taken about six or seven years ago at Planet 9 Ball in Tampa..the one and only time I had the opportunity to meet the man. I will scan them and then convert them so I can post them here.

I suspect that Smorg had not only kissed the Blarney Stone, no.. he had made out with it! He was a character! You really couldn't help liking him. He had a sharp wit, a true sense for humor, and he was who he was.. without guile or pretensions.

I remember all his posts on RSB and ASP specially his exchanges with characters such as "Mountain Mike", "Sincerely Sam", and the Jimbo / Smorg War (which I believe ended like the Korean War IIRC). For the record, I had no dog in that one.

Fats

Old
  (#23)
Secaucus Fats
Banned
Secaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSecaucus Fats has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2009, 05:46 PM

OK, here are the scanned pics. All were taken at Planet 9 Ball one is of Smorg with the houseman, and the other three are of Smorg and I.

Fats
Attached Images

Thx
Old
  (#24)
1lostplayer
Son of Smorg
1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute1lostplayer has a reputation beyond repute

Thx - 03-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secaucus Fats View Post
OK, here are the scanned pics. All were taken at Planet 9 Ball one is of Smorg with the houseman, and the other three are of Smorg and I.

Fats
Thanks putting up those pictures. That was a while ago , planet 9ball has not looked like that in a long time. It is also no more its now called strokers.

Old
  (#25)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secaucus Fats View Post

Fats
What great pictures!
Thanks for sharing them.

What is the little round bracelet type item that Doug is handing you?

JoeyA

Old
  (#26)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Barbara has been reviewing the guestbook at Doug's American Heart Association website and she is awed by your compassion and generosity. Please sign the guestbook.

JoeyA

Old
  (#27)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

03-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Barbara has been reviewing the guestbook at Doug's American Heart Association website and she is awed by your compassion and generosity. Please sign the guestbook.

JoeyA
Donation sent and Guest Book signed for The Master!

....................Bob

Old
  (#28)
Secaucus Fats
Banned

03-11-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
What great pictures!
Thanks for sharing them.

What is the little round bracelet type item that Doug is handing you?

JoeyA
You're welcome Joey.

It's a rubber band. He was fooling around and suggested the picture, it was supposed to show that I had beat him out of his whole bankroll including the rubber band. Truth is he beat me like a red headed stepchild.

Fats

Old
  (#29)
TorranceChris
AzB Silver Member
TorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond reputeTorranceChris has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:

JoeyA
Thanks to Barbara and you for providing us a way to pay our respect to our esteemed forum colleague. His mastery of the typed word was always a source of laughter and confused amazement all at once. A rep helmet ?!! That to me was his trademark signature.

a little story...
Old
  (#30)
smokey
let's roll

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

a little story... - 03-12-2009, 03:13 AM

on about Feb. 22 i sent Smorgie an on line note....

"don't don't don't give up Marine!"

on Mar. 5th; i don't know how he did it he replied in a PM::

"""SORRY"""

i can only say this:

"see ya"

no goodbye's...

just "see ya later"
smokey

Last edited by smokey; 03-12-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Page 2 of 8 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: