Pau ferro and curly olive for Trav

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trav hope you win some cash with it. something on this cue i had never seen before is the mark in the bottom pic. once clearcoated the mark going thru the oval glows and moves when turned, it looks like side ways curly, it moves from top to middle than bottom, never seen pau ferro do this before. Jeff

Attachments

• trav 0011.jpg
    trav 0011.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 934
  • trav 002.jpg
    trav 002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 916
  • trav 008.jpg
    trav 008.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 913
  • trav 007.jpg
    trav 007.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 901
  • trav d butt glow.jpg
    trav d butt glow.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 908

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Olive wood is one of my favorites and I would like to have a cue made out of it, but just haven't got around to it.

Ken

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks great. The butt sleeve book-matching shows out real well w/ the lighter pau ferro.
Real nice.

skchengdds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice!! 3 veneers, 6 points. I just got my inspiration for my next Olney. Dark, rich colored woods with lighter veneers just looks great.

Maybe tulipwood into kingwood or coco and brazilian rosewood??

Nice cue!! And I'm sure it will balance out well and play great!!

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks every one for the nice comments. The darker brown olive wood below the ring made the handle look nice but was sooooo close to looking bad. The bad spot did not fully come out until the last cut appox .003 inch Lucky Trav likes his cues a little thinner. Jeff

Attachments

• olive brown.jpg
    olive brown.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 747
  • olive brown 2.jpg
    olive brown 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 756

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jeff for my favorite Olney yet! The slim butt feels really nice. The wood in the buttsleeve is CRAZY!! I see what you are talking about now. It is. Kind of like seeing something in direct sunlight and when you move your head the object disappears. The wood in the same exact spot is too total different colors depending on what angle you hold it at. Very weird but I like it! The handle is awesome too. I love the dark spots throughout the handle.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Thanks Jeff for my favorite Olney yet! The slim butt feels really nice. The wood in the buttsleeve is CRAZY!! I see what you are talking about now. It is. Kind of like seeing something in direct sunlight and when you move your head the object disappears. The wood in the same exact spot is too total different colors depending on what angle you hold it at. Very weird but I like it! The handle is awesome too. I love the dark spots throughout the handle.

Trav your one lucky dog!! Keep up the great work Jeff. I like the idea of a thinner butt.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
You're veneer work is definitely one of the best in biz. Clean and perfect...no many cue maker would dare take close up pictures of their veneer point work..

Beautiful cue all over, congrats Trav.

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few more pics of Trav's Cue Jeff

Attachments

• tr ow pf 8.jpg
    tr ow pf 8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 185
  • tr ow pf 11.jpg
    tr ow pf 11.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 182