Tooled Chocolate Elephant 2X4

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finished this up last week and thought I'd post a few pictures of it. It was pretty rainy that day so the pictures weren't as good as I would have liked them to have been.
voeJKTrh.jpg

8TuTIMWh.jpg

5W9wYNKh.jpg

nnGq4V7h.jpg

wJo8imVh.jpg

Ubf3Kvbh.jpg

ORHeq3oh.jpg

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your burnishing is very nice, especially on the Elephant at the bottom. Finishing touches like that elevate and separate you from other's work.

King

King Custom Cue Cases
Gold Member
Silver Member
Outstanding

That is one beautiful case. Rusty your work is outstanding!!
Congratulations to the new owner.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good Lawd, Rusty! You never cease to astound me with your creations. Has the Smithsonian or the Museum of Modern Art approached you yet?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Lawd, Rusty! You never cease to astound me with your creations. Has the Smithsonian or the Museum of Modern Art approached you yet?

Thats what I asked Rusty. I said this was a work of art. Honestly I dont know if I could use it. Its worthy of just being a piece of artwork.

Ken

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Excuse me but... It should be in a display case on the wall. That is beautiful. The tooling and leather combo is perfect.

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely stunning!
Thanks for sharing.
Will Prout

Thank you Will, I hope all is well with you and your wife!

Your burnishing is very nice, especially on the Elephant at the bottom. Finishing touches like that elevate and separate you from other's work.

Thank you sir for noticing! I always wonder if anyone notices the small things, I think many times they are overlooked.

Thanks so much Rusty!! I put it to use tonight.

Thanks again Mike, I hope you get a a lifetime of good out of it!

That is one beautiful case. Rusty your work is outstanding!!
Congratulations to the new owner.

Thanks Al, I appreciate the nice comment! You know how big a fan of your work, always tasteful and beautiful cases.

You sir have MAD, MAD skills! What a beautiful piece of art.

Thanks you sir!
Very nice!
Congrats Mike.

Thank you!

Ha ha, no I haven't heard from them, I won't hold my breath, lol. Thanks for the nice comment!

Thats what I asked Rusty. I said this was a work of art. Honestly I dont know if I could use it. Its worthy of just being a piece of artwork.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I appreciate it! You could use it everyday and doubt you'd ever wear it out, it tough as nails.
Awesome case.

You just get better all the time, Rusty! Great case!

Thanks man, it's good to hear from you! I hope you've been well!

Excuse me but... It should be in a display case on the wall. That is beautiful. The tooling and leather combo is perfect.

Thanks you!

Rusty did it again

i love his tooling

keep it up

dean

Thank you Dean, I hope everything is going good in Dallas! I bet that new pool table is going play nice!

GORGEOUS ! ! ! ! :cool: :thumbup: :cool:

Thanks Brian!

Stellar work, one of the nicest cases I have ever seen!

Thanks!

Beautiful case, Rusty.

Thanks David!

Rusty you really are the best (casemaker and person) hope you and your wife are doing well.👍🙏🏻🙏🏻

Thank you Jason, we are doing pretty well. I've been meaning to check in with you!

Thank you again everyone for the nice comments, it makes a guy feel pretty good to hear!

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really have taken leather tooling to another level. Not sure everyone here realizes how far this is beyond what we normally see on cases.

On the other hand, I took my Rusty Melton Hustler case out today and had someone tell me it was the nicest case he had ever seen, and mine doesn't have ANY tooling! He's right though - it really is the best case ever.