Isn't it cue of the year time/

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It died....not enuf interest.........now it's every man for himself.......social media dominates the cue market.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It died....not enuf interest.........now it's every man for himself.......social media dominates the cue market.

Sad really.

I won't do Facebook for many reasons.

There is a great community here.

The gallery is a bit slow, I am always very excited to see cues posted here. :thumbup:

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was the same sentiment when the cue market moved from brochures, pictures, etc. via the US mail to internet websites and forums. Times change.

Facebook is where the action is, both selling and sharing pictures of new cues. There are some great pages dedicated to individual cue makers, sellers, and collecting.

I will always visit here, but you have to "fish where the fish are"...

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was the same sentiment when the cue market moved from brochures, pictures, etc. via the US mail to internet websites and forums. Times change.

Facebook is where the action is, both selling and sharing pictures of new cues. There are some great pages dedicated to individual cue makers, sellers, and collecting.

I will always visit here, but you have to "fish where the fish are"...

Jamie,
" Here on Az ,
Like ebay
we have feedback,
"Is there anything like that for the face book transactions????

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see cue of the year come back to AZ. When I was looking to have a cue built, I searched through many Forums, Facebook pics , google pics, etc. and without a doubt the cue of the year archives is what gave me the majority of ideas that I felt needed to be in my cue. New ideas, color combinations, intricate inlays, etc, without a visual its really tough to imagine what a custom cue would look like. I believe the cue of the year helps us all with that. If I had a voice in bringing it back, I would like to see a class for full splice designs and one for everything else.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Jamie,
" Here on Az ,
Like ebay
we have feedback,
"Is there anything like that for the face book transactions????

There is, you can let everyone know about good transactions on Facebook.

There also is a few lists of people called "Do NOT Deal With" & reasons why not to do any business with them.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would love to see cue of the year come back to AZ. When I was looking to have a cue built, I searched through many Forums, Facebook pics , google pics, etc. and without a doubt the cue of the year archives is what gave me the majority of ideas that I felt needed to be in my cue. New ideas, color combinations, intricate inlays, etc, without a visual its really tough to imagine what a custom cue would look like. I believe the cue of the year helps us all with that. If I had a voice in bringing it back, I would like to see a class for full splice designs and one for everything else.

You could look back at how it was done and start the threads and keep up with it and restart it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feedback is nice to have but Paypal offers buyer protection and high end sales should use 3rd party escrow.
Cue dealers also have a track record regardless of where they advertise and so it comes down to this example.

Facebook is akin to streaming 4k Netflicks movies & AZ is more in line with pitching a BetaMax video tape.
iTrader is nice but the reality is most people are using FB and not relyng on Az so iTrader ratings are moot.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Skins, if you have a minute, can you contact me? I have a few questions about a cue of the year thread?

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could look back at how it was done and start the threads and keep up with it and restart it.

+1 on this, I'd be down to put in a vote. Cue of the year was always fun!

Side note, it would be easy to derail this thread talking about Facebook. Hope that doesn't happen.

JC

Coos Cues
Here is my submission. A custom jump cue built by my friend Steve in his mother's basement last week. Just in time to be considered this year!

IMG_0632.jpg

JC