Thanks in advance ID please

Dbow61

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this worth picking up? Seller has no info on it.
5abdd88c22d7dc727554852be29f6eb9.jpg
15a49dd826fa1034957532fefa614fc1.jpg
75b8f32375de82c8f82f51b7224123d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see more of the joint. For the moment I will say likely a mid 60's to early 70's Mali. Back when they came with a Mali River sticker on the forearm.

Is it worth picking up? Depends on how much they want for it. Not worth a lot. I see them go for anything from $75 to $150 on Ebay. IMHO a cue such as that in very good to excellent condition is a solid $150 cue. Nice old shaft. Might play real nice. :smile:

Of course...like 9/10 "unidentified" cues like this...it could be a Rich. :wink::grin-square::rolleyes: Same value.

Dbow61

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again Superman, I think I'll pass on this one she wants 175 I think I'm hooked on Q's now just have to keep it in the closet from the wife LOL

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again Superman, I think I'll pass on this one she wants 175 I think I'm hooked on Q's now just have to keep it in the closet from the wife LOL

$175? Yeah....no.

If you are hooked you are in trouble. Bargain hunting is fun. But if you are really hooked and get serious, well, you can spend a lot of money.

I got this one for $3 at a resale shop, it was in an umbrella stand:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3323864&postcount=32

I put a tip on it. It plays nice.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich Q or Abe Rich.

Yes, as I said at the bottom of my post. :wink:

The pilots and pins were different on the early Mali cues.

This is a 1960's Mali pilot and pin:

Attachments

• Crop Mali 3Acl.jpg
    Crop Mali 3Acl.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 471

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue is that wrap Nylon.?

Thanks. Some kind of synthetic I believe. I don't know if it is nylon. It does not seem to be Dacron, it's softer than that, but I could be wrong.

I actually would love to know. I have a Viking Titlist conversion from around 66-67 with a red/white striped wrap like this that I would like to replace. If I can't then I might go with linen or leather. But maybe the wrap will clean up.

Here is the Viking: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5997151&postcount=10

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Memories

Thanks. Some kind of synthetic I believe. I don't know if it is nylon. It does not seem to be Dacron, it's softer than that, but I could be wrong.

I actually would love to know. I have a Viking Titlist conversion from around 66-67 with a red/white striped wrap like this that I would like to replace. If I can't then I might go with linen or leather. But maybe the wrap will clean up.

Here is the Viking: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5997151&postcount=10

Those wraps bring back a lot of memories of hanging around my first Poolroom
In the mid 60's. That is a cool Viking cue .