No look spot shot

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Ok, this was requested so here it is. This is me, @ 90 mins or so ago, addressing a spot shot, turning my head, pulling the cue out, touching the floor, returning it to my bridge, then making the shot. This was the fourth attempt. It's a 4 1/2 x 9 Gold Crown and I'm using a house cue ( my back has been really bad the last 5 days and this is the first time to the room since last Tues. I didn't expect to play at all so I didn't bring my cue, thus the house cue ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fF7eWaEbY

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, this was requested so here it is. This is me, @ 90 mins or so ago, addressing a spot shot, turning my head, pulling the cue out, touching the floor, returning it to my bridge, then making the shot. This was the forth attempt. It's a 4 1/2 x 9 gold crown and i'm using a house cue ( my back has been really bad the last 5 days and this is the first time to the room since last tues. I didn't expect to play at all so i didn't bring my cue, thus the house cue ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ff7ewaeby
niiiiice!!!

Michael Andros

Silver Member
niiiiice!!!

:grin:

I was just telling Jay in PM, the kid who uploaded it to youtube, I showed it to him @ 2 weeks ago and made it on the first try. So today, when he saw me walk in, he was playing 8 ball with a nice girl that hangs around the room. He told her about it. She wanted to see me shoot it so I set it up and made it on the first try again. Then she said "I want to video it! Do it again!" So I set it up again, she started vid'ing and of course I missed it the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time. That was the 4th attempt. :grin:

I RULE!!! :dance:

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like the part where you pull the cue all the way back out and then place it back in the bridge before you shoot. That makes the shot just that more impressive. Just turning your head is no big deal but that extra flourish makes if look very cool! :thumbup2:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I like the part where you pull the cue all the way back out and then place it back in the bridge before you shoot. That makes the shot just that more impressive. Just turning your head is no big deal but that extra flourish makes if look very cool! :thumbup2:

:grin: Makes it just a tad bit more difficult as well, Mr. Helfert, sir!

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not that it matters but did you scratch in the low opposite corner? If not, was it close?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, this was requested so here it is. This is me, @ 90 mins or so ago, addressing a spot shot, turning my head, pulling the cue out, touching the floor, returning it to my bridge, then making the shot. This was the forth attempt. It's a 4 1/2 x 9 Gold Crown and I'm using a house cue ( my back has been really bad the last 5 days and this is the first time to the room since last Tues. I didn't expect to play at all so I didn't bring my cue, thus the house cue ).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fF7eWaEbY
I ate my full dish of crow in the other thread where I was giving you the noise and you posted Crane doing it.
I guess I'll eat some more crow here after seeing you do it yourself.
Good shooting, my man. (when I'm wrong I will confess.........unlike a lot of these hardheads around here).
Thanks for proving it. Well done, sir.
:thumbup:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Hey Jay - As we figgered, Low500 chirped up. I can't see what he said as I have him on ignore, but I'm sure whatever it was, it was uplifting, insightful and spot-on! :grin:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
wish i could do that...:eek:
nice shot....:thumbup:

Thanks, Triple B. You can do it. And I ain't jus sayin' that, either. Try it next time you're hitting balls. The most important thing is, keep your entire body perfectly still. Only move your arm from the elbow down. And shoot it a few times just as a no look, first. Once you make that once or twice, then take the cue out. You'll see. It really is not that difficult. :grin-square: :cool: :grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I ate my full dish of crow in the other thread where I was giving you the noise and you posted Crane doing it.
Good shooting, my man. (when I'm wrong I will confess.........unlike a lot of these hardheads around here).

Hey Jay - As we figgered, Low500 chirped up. I can't see what he said as I have him on ignore, but I'm sure whatever it was, it was uplifting, insightful and spot-on! :grin:

You can read it now....couple more posts like this and you can take him off ignore..:)

Very nice, BTW....demonstrates the best aiming system...’aim with your mind’

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I bet that table is just really loose with 6” pockets!

Oh wait...

Well... I've seen You make balls on it a zillion times, there sparky... so they MUST be 6" pockets!!! :rotflmao1:

Public Information System Alert: This guy, Z-Nole, owns one of THE most beautiful Randy Mobely cues in existence. And, as Capt Queeg put it, "I kid you not..."

Last edited:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
You can read it now....couple more posts like this and you can take him off ignore..:)

Very nice, BTW....demonstrates the best aiming system...’aim with your mind’

Hahahahahaaaaa... thanks, PT! Wow. I'ma takin' him off ignore right now, if I can figger out how! Sometimes people really surprise me for the better. Which is great. Being hideously jaded keeps me awake some nights.

You know... when I was a kid, I burnt up zillions of brain cells trying to learn that shot. When Randy showed it to me way back then, I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I was like... "Yeaahhhhhhh... *I* can do that!" Only took me a few thousand tries but what the hell, right? I was 15! I had plenty of time.

Thanks again, PT. :D

Michael Andros

Silver Member

Thanks, Low... much appreciated on all counts.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. :thumbup:

Though some might see it as a trick demonstration, IMHO is really is a demonstration of good basic skills reinforcement and that ultimate aiming tool...your mind.

Nice post. :smile:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Very nice. :thumbup:

Though some might see it as a trick demonstration, IMHO is really is a demonstration of good basic skills reinforcement and that ultimate aiming tool...your mind.

Nice post. :smile:

I agree on all fronts, CD. Thank you, sir.