JimmyGillette

Registered
Best Cues

Richard Black
Felipe
url

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Predator Roadline LE4 with REVO 12.9MM shaft. Weights out and as light as possible. Feel like a surgeon with this in my hands. You can spend more but until you've tried this combo, you'll never know purity.

Last edited:

minh2015

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Roadline LE4 with REVO 12.9MM shaft. Weights out and as light as possible. Feel like a surgeon with this in my hands. You can spend more but until you've tried this combo, you'll never know purity.

Why the roadline LE4 ? Have you tried the revo with a different butt model?

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there is a BEST playing cue. I have owned many some a couple by same maker many individual and most played. I have owned 3 by Mike Bender and they all played similar and his workmanship is second to none, but others played as well.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me, unquestionably Lambros. Nothing else like it. More solid and more finesse than any cue I have played with.

tangent70

Registered
I owned a lambros ... Didn't work for me. Gave it to a buddy

Best playing cues were:

Schon(original predator shaft pre cat)
BDCue
Cem.

Levrac68

Registered
I owned a lambros ... Didn't work for me. Gave it to a buddy

Best playing cues were:

Schon(original predator shaft pre cat)
BDCue
Cem.

Wish I was your buddy. :)

Love my Lambos and Tascarella. I have a 35 y/o Adams cue that is right up there with many others I've hit with.

Last edited:

islandboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm partial to the hit of Capone, Cohen and McDaniel. The Capone is slightly stiffer than the Cohen, but not by much. Both of them are very accurate hitting with low deflection. The McDaniel is such any easy cue to play well with. Great action combined with feel. Everybody who hits with it loves the way it plays.

All three play exceptional, but different.

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
Of all of the cues that I have had the pleasure of owning & playing with. These are the ones that I liked the best. They all had flatfaced joints.
BlueGrass
Carmeli
Sly
Josey
C.C.
Dominiak
Gilbert
Nitti
Prewitt
9 pt. SW
Not necessarily in this order.
Most consistent, I'd say is Sly, BlueGrass & Carmeli, again jmo.

Last edited:

MalibuMike

Banned
Tim PADGETT ! And Old Schon's!

Tim PADGETT ! And Old Schon's!
I heard Tim was making cues again!
He learned from the Best! Burt Schrager & Ernie "Ginacue" Gutierrez!

Attachments

• P1020930.jpg
    P1020930.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 742
  • P1020932.jpg
    P1020932.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 752
  • Padgett_111095812.JPG
    Padgett_111095812.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 742
  • Padgett_211090019.jpg
    Padgett_211090019.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_20160927_190233.jpg
    IMG_20160927_190233.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 737

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there will be a million different responses, but I think the Becue carbon fiber cue with the Prime shaft has to rate up at the very top of any list.

It ain't fancy, it ain't pretty, but it plays lights out.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me, unquestionably Lambros. Nothing else like it. More solid and more finesse than any cue I have played with.

Not only is this question entirely subjective to each player, each player's opinion changes over time. I think a Lambros cue is wonderful, but I wouldn't necessarily put it at the top any longer. It is an incredibly solid cue, and has finesse for subtle follow shots but that same solidness made it have less precision for draw.

I got an Olney which has a very similar hit, but with better feel and I know prefer that to the Lambros which I ultimately sold.

In 6 months, I am sure I would give a different answer.

One thing the journey has taught me is that little by little I am zeroing in on what is most playable for me. For me that is an elusive bird: a a soft but crisp feeling hit with good feedback that is not overly stiff. Speed through the ball is important, so I am leaning towards a Tascarella as the closest thing to my personal best fit of a playing cue, but for everyone it will be different.

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING hits or plays like a one-piece house cue. As far as two piece cues go, I have found none to play better than a Mike Webb, and I've owned, and played with everything from George Balabushka to South West. I will have a Nitti coming soon, and see how I feel about that.

My playing specs are 59" in length, 18.5oz with a 12.5 - 12.75mm shaft with real lizard skin wrap with a balance point at approx 19".....

Last edited:

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My best player

ok im not knocking esthetics
but if you play and dont care about solid gold inlays etc
who in you opinion makes the best PLAYING cue???

also what specs
Hi all.
This is my take on what I think is a good playing cue. I've been playing for about 60 years and my first good cue was an Abe Rich solid Brazilian rosewood butt cue I got in 1962. It was and still is a real player. In 2011 I got a Bob Frey custom and it is a great player and better than the old Rich cue for me. About a month ago I got a circa 1993, or so, Schon SL 15 and it is the best cue I've ever used. The balance, feel and hit are great for me. I have tried Predator p3 and a mezz and they don't feel as good for me.