Salt Lake City

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any 9’ tables left in town? I’ll be in town this weekend to play some. I might get in a bar box tournament is there’s one this weekend

Jim

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Not that I know of, bar boxes rule this big city. I have looked for a decent pool room in that area many times passing through. I have found a couple snooker tables;)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't you mean find 2 to 4?

268242ee4ecc29c5286f3590b0e589ba--sister-wives-sounds-great.jpg

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been there many times for work, and there isn't any pool to speak of.

Find yourself a nice local lady and enjoy a Provo Soak!

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a few 9’ up north in the Layton area at a place called Crown Billiards. Not in the best shape or room but that’s it for 9 footers. In Salt a Lake City proper the room to play at is Big willies. Really nice spot with 8 diamond bar boxes and a 12’ table they play golf on. 9 ball tournament at the crown on Friday but only on the bar boxes (Valleys).

I’d meet up with ya and play some but there’s a big tournament in pinedale Wyoming a lot of us are going to. Good luck!

Dexter36

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Delton lanes on 3500 south on the west side of town has a room full of gold crowns. Big Willies (17th & main) is the best place to play if you are looking for a challenge. BW’s is fairly lively, looking for action you can probably get into something there. They used to have two 9 footers but now all the tables are 7’ diamonds with the exception of the 10’ snooker table. What days of the week are you looking for tourneys? There are lot’s of bar tourneys around town.

Last edited:

Dexter36

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been there many times for work, and there isn't any pool to speak of.

Find yourself a nice local lady and enjoy a Provo Soak!

Massey makes the rounds semi regularly, there are a handful of top notch guys in town (Tommy Baker, Mark Tademy etc..) they don’t play in public too often though as far as I can tell. Not sure we have any active pro’s making the rounds. Anyways, pool is not dead here but you do have to know where to look.

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?? I’ve been to Delton and never seen these GC’s you’re talking about. Don’t know anyone who plays outta of there either.

Tommy moved to Vegas and Mark moved to Pocatello but last I heard he was some where back east.

Pool is definitely not dead like you say Dexter36, you just have to dig a little. Let me know if you’re interested in any bar box one hole action, I know a guy lol ��

Dexter36

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?? I’ve been to Delton and never seen these GC’s you’re talking about. Don’t know anyone who plays outta of there either.

Tommy moved to Vegas and Mark moved to Pocatello but last I heard he was some where back east.

Pool is definitely not dead like you say Dexter36, you just have to dig a little. Let me know if you’re interested in any bar box one hole action, I know a guy lol ��

The gc’s are in the back of delton lanes, every time I have been there I was the only one playing. 4 or 5 of them have new simonis on them.

Sad to hear those two moved, I watched them square off at BW’s it was something to see!

In! Pm where you usually play and when and let’s do it :). I can usually run maybe 2 outta 6 8 ball on a barbox so I’m no hero but I can hit the balls ok. I’ve played one hole a few times but would love to learn more if you are willing to verse me a bit on gameplay etc.

Hog wallow has a couple pretty decent bar boxes that are free sun/mon/tue.