Gamma Tips

terminal_288

@terminal_288
Silver Member
So today, I headed down to my local pool supply store (AVO home rec see web site here www.avobilliards.com/ ) To get a new shaft and tip foe my breaking cue. For the tip I got the "gamma" tip. now after a bit of fiddiling around i got it on the shaft and headed of to the local pool hall to test drive it. So i'm told and incline to believe its a leather layered tip. breakes nicely and firm holds chalk great. Now i tried some jumping but not so good, maybe with a bit of practice but not a jumping type of tip out the gate so to speak. so over all i give it a positive thumbs up for a hard breaking tip.

well that is my reveiw. if you have any comments questions or complants feel free to post and let me know.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've tried these tips too, they're nice for breaking, but not hard enough for jumping. it's not "hard as phenolic" like the samsara's but very hard for a leather tip. holds chalk well, good control. white color is different and interesting. i'd say they are very similar to tigers leather j/b tip (not the icebreaker). i press them in a vise to make them even harder. atlas has them for sale.