My Scotty Townsend Tribute & Tournament info

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
AZ Billiards asked me to write an article about Scotty for the Buzz magazine located on the Main website of AZB.

A man who has lived a life should have his friends say something good about him. More importantly, they should be able to say something that rings of the truth and expresses the positive things about their life.

Scotty lived a relatively short-life but one that was filled with adventure and the many friends that he made along the way.

If you are so inclined and want to read some more about this unique individual, you can go to www.azbilliards.com and click on BUZZ, (the relatively new pool magazine for AZ Billiards) then click on the 2017 January issue and then go to Page 30-31.

BTW, the BUZZ magazine is filled with other great information about what's happening in pool as well as instructional material for people who want to improve their game.

The Scotty Townsend Memorial tournament is filling up FAST. They have 80 players signed up for the 9 ball event and are cutting it off at 128. You can also see the flyer for the event in the Buzz Magazine article.

See you there!

And for those of you who can't make it to the event (3 DISCIPLINES) you can watch it on www.poolactiontv.com.

IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!

JoeyA

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Traveling now bu looking forwatd to reading the article.

You are a good man, sorry that i willl have to beat you:eek::grin-square:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZ Billiards asked me to write an article about Scotty for the Buzz magazine located on the Main website of AZB.

A man who has lived a life should have his friends say something good about him. More importantly, they should be able to say something that rings of the truth and expresses the positive things about their life.

Scotty lived a relatively short-life but one that was filled with adventure and the many friends that he made along the way.

If you are so inclined and want to read some more about this unique individual, you can go to www.azbilliards.com and click on BUZZ, (the relatively new pool magazine for AZ Billiards) then click on the January issue and then go to Page 30.

BTW, the BUZZ magazine is filled with other great information about what's happening in pool as well as instructional material for people who want to improve their game.

The Scotty Townsend Memorial tournament is filling up FAST. They have 80 players signed up for the 9 ball event and are cutting it off at 128. You can also see the flyer for the event in the Buzz Magazine article.

See you there!

And for those of you who can't make it to the event (3 DISCIPLINES) you can watch it on www.poolactiontv.com.

IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!

JoeyA

It is going to be a great event

Attachments

• 16427699_1542054982489918_5651945812771041335_n.jpg
    16427699_1542054982489918_5651945812771041335_n.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,062

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

If you are so inclined and want to read some more about this unique individual, you can go to www.azbilliards.com and click on BUZZ, (the relatively new pool magazine for AZ Billiards) then click on the January issue and then go to Page 30.

See you there!

IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!

JoeyA

Great Job Joey, I hope its a huge success.
Although I have not been to Arena Billiards before the online photo of the building looks very much like White Diamond Billiards, very nice looking pool room.

You guys in the South do it right!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

See you there!

IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!

JoeyA

I look forward to reading the article, Joey. I did not know you knew Scotty well. It will be nice to read something with a Southern flavor to it. I know it is going to be a cool pool read. :)

The tournament sounds like it will be the event of the year! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still haven't had a chance to read it, but did find in and flip through the Buzz.

Uncompensated for this: the mag looks awesome.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I enjoyed the article, Joey with a Tie.
...and I heartily recommend everyone on AZ reading it.

Scotty came to Toronto once for our CanAm tournament....
...first and only time I met Scotty and Whitey Walker.
He was strangely subdued...must've been the low-key polite Canadian atmosphere.

As I started to hear the Scotty-Crocodile Dundee stories....I realized what an opportunity
I had missed by not winding him up.
Scotty will be around for a long time....he's part of our pool lore.

Next time you write an article like that, Joey, finish it with your own poem....
...Smith aint got nuttin' on you.

regards
pt.....with a T-shirt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
..... We are going to have a special one of a kind case that we are donating in memory of Scotty. You will only see it at the tournament. It won't be revealed until the event starts.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
..... We are going to have a special one of a kind case that we are donating in memory of Scotty. You will only see it at the tournament. It won't be revealed until the event starts.

That's very nice of you JB. Hoping I can get down there for a little bit too.

JoeyA

Silver Member

John,
You are always stepping up to the plate....RESPECT.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks everyone. I actually wrote my most favorite story about Scotty and placed it on my blog.

Despite Scotty's deserved, rough guy image, he was a compassionate person and had the gift of empathy. You can read about one of the reasons why I liked Scotty so much by going to http://joeyapoolcommentator.blogspot.com/

JoeyA

I enjoyed the article, Joey with a Tie.
...and I heartily recommend everyone on AZ reading it.

Scotty came to Toronto once for our CanAm tournament....
...first and only time I met Scotty and Whitey Walker.
He was strangely subdued...must've been the low-key polite Canadian atmosphere.

As I started to hear the Scotty-Crocodile Dundee stories....I realized what an opportunity
I had missed by not winding him up.
Scotty will be around for a long time....he's part of our pool lore.

Next time you write an article like that, Joey, finish it with your own poem....
...Smith aint got nuttin' on you.

regards
pt.....with a T-shirt
:smile:

I still haven't had a chance to read it, but did find in and flip through the Buzz.

Uncompensated for this: the mag looks awesome.
:smile:I didn't get paid either. ;-)

I look forward to reading the article, Joey. I did not know you knew Scotty well. It will be nice to read something with a Southern flavor to it. I know it is going to be a cool pool read. :)

The tournament sounds like it will be the event of the year! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
:D

beautifully written, Joey. I wish I had met Scotty.

Thanks,
dave
I was very lucky to be around Scotty so much.