Turning Stone updates

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am one of the unfortunate who cannot watch the Turning Stone stream. Would someone be kind enough to share some updates?
Thank you

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you get the stream, mute the sound or you'll hear three people talking that don't know which end of a fishhook is sharp.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I am one of the unfortunate who cannot watch the Turning Stone stream. Would someone be kind enough to share some updates?
Thank you

It is unwatchable. I tried for an houd but it would cut in and out so much that it is unwatchable anyway. Cheap equipment I take it.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to mute the sound and the picture keeps self-muting by freezing solid. It must be the wind chill in Verona. Oh well, I expected that anyway.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using android phones (Samsung Galaxy) and tablets for a steady 5 years now...that's about 10 turning stones.

And still, the scoring bracket doesn't work on the webpage.

Yes, I understand, iPhone users have no problem seeing it. And I can see it just fine on my laptop/desk top computers.

But how can the world's best website for everything pool, not jive with the world market leading smart phone platform (1 billion android users worldwide)?

Meanwhile, over at cuescore....

https://cuescore.com/tournament/bracket/?id=1914724

I can read the flowcharts just fine on android.

Jerry, I love what you do here but can you get this finally fixed?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does real-time scoring do for you? I've never gotten the appeal :scratchhead:

Nice to see how close some matches are. Pro matches are good to watch. Volume off. I get bored listening to most commentary. Upstate Al isn't bad.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice to see how close some matches are. Pro matches are good to watch. Volume off. I get bored listening to most commentary. Upstate Al isn't bad.

But the streamed ones weren't close at all today -- four matches, with the losers winning 1, 3, 2, and 4 games (races to 9).

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But the streamed ones weren't close at all today -- four matches, with the losers winning 1, 3, 2, and 4 games (races to 9).

Didn't get any of it. Don't know if there's a storm there but there was a big one here. Couldn't get the bracket up either. Maybe it will come up Sunday. That's my next available time to watch.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

And I just checked all 61 matches played today (3 forfeits). The average number of games won by the losers was 3.8. Only 2 matches went hill/hill.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Been using android phones (Samsung Galaxy) and tablets for a steady 5 years now...that's about 10 turning stones.

And still, the scoring bracket doesn't work on the webpage.

Yes, I understand, iPhone users have no problem seeing it. And I can see it just fine on my laptop/desk top computers.

But how can the world's best website for everything pool, not jive with the world market leading smart phone platform (1 billion android users worldwide)?

Meanwhile, over at cuescore....

https://cuescore.com/tournament/bracket/?id=1914724

I can read the flowcharts just fine on android.

Jerry, I love what you do here but can you get this finally fixed?

This^^^^^^^
Jason

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stream right now is two guys that play like league players. Watched (or tried to) one last night that was even worse. Some guy and a gal who couldn't play dead in a western. Why does Upstate put these on the stream? Can he not schedule better t.v. table matches?