My Favorite Bob Byrne Anecdote

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many, many years ago Bob told me this story. He was living in Mill Valley and frequented nearby Novato Billiards, The room had a dozen or so pool tables and four billiard tables. Bob organized monthly three-cushion tournaments for the regulars. One time he approached a young hot-shot pool player and said, "Why don't you play in our three-cushion tournament this weekend?" The kid said, "Oh, I'm just a beginner. I can't compete with you guys." Bob said, "That's ok, it's a handicapped tournament." The kid said,"You mean like ... cripples?" Bob replied, "Only morally and emotionally."

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many, many years ago Bob told me this story. He was living in Mill Valley and frequented nearby Novato Billiards, The room had a dozen or so pool tables and four billiard tables. Bob organized monthly three-cushion tournaments for the regulars. One time he approached a young hot-shot pool player and said, "Why don't you play in our three-cushion tournament this weekend?" The kid said, "Oh, I'm just a beginner. I can't compete with you guys." Bob said, "That's ok, it's a handicapped tournament." The kid said,"You mean like ... cripples?" Bob replied, "Only morally and emotionally."

My anecdote is probably not fit for human consumption but if you call me I will tell it to you.....hope all is well with you and yours

cheerzzzzzzzzzzzz

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd