Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > U.S. Tournament Announcements
Reload this Page Tournament Listing Tips......
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.32 average.
Tournament Listing Tips......
Old
  (#1)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

Post Tournament Listing Tips...... - 02-28-2007, 03:16 PM

THESE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.

Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

The TITLE - DATE, EVENT TITLE, TOWN & STATE, ADDED MONEY IF IT'S 1,000+++
....................( if players have to scan through your entire thread to find out your event is in Alaska, fewer people will bother)

If you can paste or link a Map to where the pool Hall is, it's very helpful. ( Make sure the map is correct) (Thanks JoeyA )

All the details -. Posting a flyer is great, if your flyer is too big to post, either re-size it or include a link to the flyer or simply list some of the details.

Save some details for "bumping".

Dated Events - All of our events are dated. We all like to keep our event up front. Nothing worse than getting your event, that's scheduled for next weekend, trumped by an event that's not scheduled for another month or two.

a) Don't "bump" too soon - Get the thread bumping 7-14 days before the event. If you bump to soon the thread may fade when all points are addressed.
b) If you will present questions, the players will help you bump the thread.( I have found that if I see ALL the information right away, there's nothing to ask)
c) Use Information to "bump" - I know most events have many mentionable attributes that can be useful to someone considering your event. ie Hotels, Restaurants, action spots nearby etc.. "bumping" just by using the word "bump" doesn't generate interest in my opinion.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP US BENEFIT MORE FROM THIS PART OF THE FORUM, PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

Sincerely,

Ray

Last edited by Bigtruck; 05-14-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Old
  (#2)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck
THESE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.

Make it easy to find. – If you will put the date ,town & state in the TITLE, people in your area can find you quickly.

All the details – Posting a flyer is great, if your flyer is too big to post, include a link to the flyer or simply list some of the details. Don’t put all the details up right away. Save some details for “bumping”.

Dated Events – All of our events are dated. We all like to keep our event up front. Nothing worse than getting your event, that’s scheduled for next weekend, trumped by an event that’s not scheduled for another month or two.

a) Don’t “bump” too soon. – get the thread bumping 7-14 days before the event. If you bump to soon the thread may fade when all points are addressed.
b) If you will present questions, the players will help you bump the thread.( I have found that if I see ALL the information right away, there’s nothing to ask)
c) Use Information to “bump” - I know most events have many “mentionable” attributes that can be useful to someone considering your event. ie Hotels, Restaurants, action spots nearby etc…… “bumping” just by using the word “bump” doesn’t generate interest in my opinion.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP US BENEFIT MORE FROM THIS PART OF THE FORUM, PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

Sincerely,

Ray
And putting that link for MAP instructions (which you suggested previously)is the nuts, especially if you are trying to get new players.
JoeyA

Thanks!
Old
  (#3)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Thanks! - 03-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA
And putting that link for MAP instructions (which you suggested previously)is the nuts, especially if you are trying to get new players.
JoeyA
Thanks for the reminder Joey! I added a map to mine. I noticed that the Mapquest map was not correct on the map to Clicks Waco. I had to trick it to get the right directions. Did your map get you there OK?

Ray

I have also noticed that the tournaments that have a little symbol by them are easier to notice.

Old
  (#4)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder Joey! I added a map to mine. I noticed that the Mapquest map was not correct on the map to Clicks Waco. I had to trick it to get the right directions. Did your map get you there OK?

Ray

I have also noticed that the tournaments that have a little symbol by them are easier to notice.
Yes Ray. It worked just fine. I also added the link to the PDF tournament flyer itself so that if anyone is viewing it they can click on the heading and get driving instructions to Buffalo Billiards.
Thanks again,
JoeyA

Listings
Old
  (#5)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Post Listings - 03-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA
JoeyA
I think it would be cool if the we could post tournament announcements in regional categories instead of the whole world together.

What do you'all think?

Ray

No one?
Old
  (#6)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

No one? - 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I think it would be cool if the we could post tournament announcements in regional categories instead of the whole world together.

What do you'all think?

Ray
I can't believe no one has any thoughts on this. I spend so much time reading tournament announcements just to find out where it is and on what date.

Ray

Ideas
Old
  (#7)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Lightbulb Ideas - 12-23-2008, 05:27 PM

I like to bump this up to the top periodically.

These are some tips that can help you successfully advertise your event here on AZ!

**NEW ONE**** Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

Thanks

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Old
  (#8)
morinj29
Banned
morinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-23-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I like to bump this up to the top periodically.

These are some tips that can help you successfully advertise your event here on AZ!

**NEW ONE**** Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

Thanks

Ray
I think regional tournament info would be a great idea. You can set up however many regions you want so that way people post their tournament only in the region that they choose to advertise in. Great idea Ray!

Old
  (#9)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-23-2008, 06:59 PM

bump!

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Taco
Old
  (#10)
swrooster
A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
swrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond reputeswrooster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1750

Taco - 12-23-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I can't believe no one has any thoughts on this. I spend so much time reading tournament announcements just to find out where it is and on what date.

Ray
Sorry, a required edit. Too much egg nog last night. And contrary to my opinion last night, after a review I am not a genius.

Whacker of Balls

"...be in possession of the money you propose to bet." blah blah

Last edited by swrooster; 12-24-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Sub category
Old
  (#11)
Papa Red
Love it or Leave
Papa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Papa Red  
Sub category - 12-23-2008, 10:07 PM

I think we need a sub category under tournaments by state, it would be much easier to locate. If you were out of town on business, vacation, or whatever to fine a tournament close to you with out going through the whole list.

Player - Larry Vigus Cue / OB-Pro Plus shaft with Black Kamiu SS
Breaker - OB Break Cue

Collection Cues:
Palmer bought in 1968, 2 Adams early 60's, C-21 McDermott w/ 4 shafts, 3 early 90"s Schons, 3 Joss Sneaky Pete's, Wes Hunter J/B, Gilbert J/B & 2000 custom, Ted Harris, Scott Gracio (# 264), and 1986 DPK/JF Southwest w/ 4 shafts & letter of authenticity.

Agree
Old
  (#12)
Captain K.
AzB Silver Member
Captain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain K. has a reputation beyond repute

Agree - 12-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Red
I think we need a sub category under tournaments by state, it would be much easier to locate. If you were out of town on business, vacation, or whatever to fine a tournament close to you with out going through the whole list.
I agree Charlie, I get pms from players looking for tournys from here to Cali. and to Florida up to new york and Canada.

Good idea, see what we can do
Hey, you ever get your hands on those 12x12 cases?
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Kennan

Listings by state
Old
  (#13)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Post Listings by state - 12-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Red
Make sure you list the state and town in your event title. Keep the title as short as possible.

I don't think state by state will happen. Many events get noticed by stature and/or added money that is listed in the title. These would be hard to find if you had to click on every state.

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Coming Soon
Old
  (#14)
rack'em zach'em
AzB Silver Member
rack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400
  Send a message via Yahoo to rack'em zach'em  
Coming Soon - 12-25-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Make sure you list the state and town in your event title. Keep the title as short as possible.

I don't think state by state will happen. Many events get noticed by stature and/or added money that is listed in the title. These would be hard to find if you had to click on every state.

It's coming...soon I hope..It's taking forever..I've been wanting to make my website for a while and I finally paid for it about 2 months ago..I've always talked about how cool this would be..see everyone this weekend at clicks..Hopefully I get over this cold by then..

Ready to play

Tip?
Old
  (#15)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Cool Tip? - 12-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack'em zach'em
It's coming...soon I hope..It's taking forever..I've been wanting to make my website for a while and I finally paid for it about 2 months ago..I've always talked about how cool this would be..see everyone this weekend at clicks..Hopefully I get over this cold by then..
So the tournament listing tip is......start your own website?

Ray

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: