Old
  (#16)
rack'em zach'em
AzB Silver Member
rack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond reputerack'em zach'em has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400
  Send a message via Yahoo to rack'em zach'em  
12-25-2008, 08:39 PM

lol did Santa wake up on the wrong side of the bed??? No I was just responding to what was said..and a few of the people that did respond have had conversations with me about my site..I was just mentioning the fact that I thought it was a great idea..Sorry Ray didn't mean to do that..This is a good thread and you do a great job helping out everyone on this site..

Ready to play

Last edited by rack'em zach'em; 12-25-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Old
  (#17)
Papa Red
Love it or Leave
Papa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
 Send a message via ICQ to Papa Red  
12-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain K.
I agree Charlie, I get pms from players looking for tournys from here to Cali. and to Florida up to new york and Canada.

Good idea, see what we can do
Hey, you ever get your hands on those 12x12 cases?
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Kennan
I looked in the closets but can them. I have no ideal what happened to them.

Player - Larry Vigus Cue / OB-Pro Plus shaft with Black Kamiu SS
Breaker - OB Break Cue

Collection Cues:
Palmer bought in 1968, 2 Adams early 60's, C-21 McDermott w/ 4 shafts, 3 early 90"s Schons, 3 Joss Sneaky Pete's, Wes Hunter J/B, Gilbert J/B & 2000 custom, Ted Harris, Scott Gracio (# 264), and 1986 DPK/JF Southwest w/ 4 shafts & letter of authenticity.

This is Good Stuff
Old
  (#18)
ne14tennis
AzB Silver Member
ne14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

This is Good Stuff - 12-26-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack'em zach'em
It's coming...soon I hope..It's taking forever..I've been wanting to make my website for a while and I finally paid for it about 2 months ago..I've always talked about how cool this would be..see everyone this weekend at clicks..Hopefully I get over this cold by then..
Will this be anything like Bowling For Dollars?

When I was a kid we had a local sportscaster that got canned for to many DWI's and having an affair with the weather girl (She was hot ).

He got to host a show from a local bowling alley and every week some schmuck would win a chance to throw 3 balls down the lane. No strike....no problem, your pin count accumulated and you took home the cash. 3 strikes in a row.....shazamm, you're a hero and walk away with all the cash.

Is this going to be a website with all the local cash tournaments? You could even add a woofing section and a match making section with the site owner (Of course) facilitating the deal.

Why didn't I think of this

Good Idea
Old
  (#19)
ne14tennis
AzB Silver Member
ne14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond reputene14tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Good Idea - 12-26-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck
I can't believe no one has any thoughts on this. I spend so much time reading tournament announcements just to find out where it is and on what date.

Ray
I think this is a good idea.

You could break it down to regions.

Northeast, mid atlantic, southeast, mid west, plains states, south central, southwest, mountain states and west coast

Last edited by ne14tennis; 12-26-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Cuz I can't spell

Old
  (#20)
YOLO
AzB Silver Member
YOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond reputeYOLO has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2009, 08:31 AM

I just don't get it! Put your location in the thread title people!!!! Really, what's so hard about that?

Maybe new threads need to go into a Que to be approved? I know it's more work for the moderators but it's a real drag sifting through the threads...

Playing Cue: Off the Wall
Break/Jump Cue: Off the Wall
Mood: You guessed it... Off the Wall
YOLO = You Only Live Once
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, penniless, shouting, 'Holy Sh*t! What a ride!'"

Old
  (#21)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

Post 01-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO
I just don't get it! Put your location in the thread title people!!!! Really, what's so hard about that?

Maybe new threads need to go into a Que to be approved? I know it's more work for the moderators but it's a real drag sifting through the threads...
Yes sir.......seems logical.

I think the main thing people have trouble grasping is that people from all over the world are reading here.

If the title has no city & state and no date, I'm moving on to the next announcement.

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Old
  (#22)
kath13
AzB Silver Member
kath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond reputekath13 has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2009, 09:55 PM

Big Truck,

I'm trying to announce an upcoming tournament, but I can't attach the PDF file, it's bigger than the 100K limit. Is there some other way that I can get the flyer on the thread? I can't seem to just copy and paste the flyer. Help would be appreciated by anyone if they see it. Thanks,

Kath13

Old
  (#23)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

Post 01-14-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath13
Big Truck,

I'm trying to announce an upcoming tournament, but I can't attach the PDF file, it's bigger than the 100K limit. Is there some other way that I can get the flyer on the thread? I can't seem to just copy and paste the flyer. Help would be appreciated by anyone if they see it. Thanks,

Kath13
Kath13,

Good Question!

2 choices.

1. re-size your PDF using photoshop or a like product.

2. convert the pdf file to a jpeg and then size it to fit.

If it will help you, e-mail it to me and I will re-size it for you.

Thanks,

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Last edited by Bigtruck; 01-15-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Old
  (#24)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2025

03-26-2009, 07:54 PM

Nice thread Ray

Suggest fliers & threads indicate whether or not it will be live streamed and, if so, provide a site!

....................Bob

Template to announce a tournament
Old
  (#25)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1140

Template to announce a tournament - 05-14-2009, 04:50 PM

Just use as a template.

Add the info that is necessary- Delete what isn't.

Template to announce a tournament
Not just for AZ tournament announcements but for all your flier needs.

*Title of Event (name of pool hall)
Sharkey’s (weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual) tournament
(Also it might be an annual Memorial [insert persons name] event)

*Address and telephone number of event site. Hotel info and telephone number

Food offerings (finger food or full kitchen) Beer and Wine or Liquor?

Personal contact(s) (name and telephone number) Expect Calls, have info (flyer) available.
*Dates Start date End date June 1st and 2nd or Saturday June 1st Mention a ONE Day event.

Player Auction (if there is one, when?)

Players Meeting time

Practice start time for each day of tournament.

Is Streaming available?

Added Money (only if there is added money)
Guaranteed, or based on the number of entries

Limited field size (optional) (maximum number of players, usually 32, 48, 96, 128, 192, 256)

Now would be a good time to make sure you have the BLANK brackets that would work with the different size fields.

*Game (8, 9, 10, 14.1, One Pocket, other)

*Format; single or double elimination, if double, state race on winner and one-loss brackets 9 Ball Double Elimination. Round robin, Qualifier.

*Rules being used; (you should have a copy available) Texas Express, BCA League, World Standard Rule, APA, VNEA, TAP, Pro (men or women’s)

TD ruling is FINAL.

Alternate Break? Lag? Rack your own?

*Entry Fee;
‘Early signup’ fees and ‘day of event’ fees. Usually the ‘early fees’ are cheaper than the ‘day of the event’ fee.

*Start and Stop time for signups (unless you want to sell byes to the late comers) Just make sure everyone knows it is OK not to be on time. You can always signup late.

Green Fees: (Optional) usually noted as part of the entry fee (Green Fee of $xx included in Entry Fee) Entry fee $55 (Green Fees of $10 included)

Payout percentage; (optional but very nice to have included) Normally 25% of the field, but can be done with higher percentages.
For example, if you have a 32 player field the top 8 players will win money. Seventh place is a tie. Two players will get at the very least their entry fee back and usually double their entry fee on a well run tournament.
Example (you might want to show the players what they can win upfront if there is a full field)
Payouts for a 32 player event with a $25 entry fee and $200 added is a total of $1000.
1st place $300, 2nd place $220, 3rd place $140, 4th place, $100
5th tie $70 each, 7th tie $50 each

Separate table(s) for matching up “Challenge table”?

Mini-tournaments?

Spectator Fee if any

(*) Required needed information for the average pool player

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Just remember all posts are, of course... In My Humble Opinion
Age= Been Playing since I was 17... 53 years ago
Cue = Pete Ohmen (Melbourne, FL) www.omencues.com
Hours of Play per week = 8+

Old
  (#26)
frankwhite
www.superiorbilliardtech.
frankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond reputefrankwhite has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruck View Post
Yes sir.......seems logical.

I think the main thing people have trouble grasping is that people from all over the world are reading here.

If the title has no city & state and no date, I'm moving on to the next announcement.

Ray
Hello Bigtruck, heard your commontary at Comet my home room. Just wanted to say you did a great job, and hope your stay in Jersey wuz a good one.
Frankie

Old
  (#27)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock

Post 05-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwhite View Post
Hello Bigtruck, heard your commontary at Comet my home room. Just wanted to say you did a great job, and hope your stay in Jersey wuz a good one.
Frankie
Thanks Frank!

I had a good visit with my family and had a great time over at Comet!.

Ray

? about home page tournament calender post
Old
  (#28)
WileyCoyote
AzB Bronze Member
WileyCoyote is on a distinguished road

? about home page tournament calender post - 08-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Are there any restrictions to posting monthly tournaments, handiecap or non handiecap on the main page calender?

Old
  (#29)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

08-30-2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Are there any restrictions to posting monthly tournaments, handiecap or non handiecap on the main page calender?

wHERE is the Main Page Calendar/ Which forum?
thanks,
JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#30)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

08-30-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
If you are referring to the calendar tab under the AZBilliards banner at the top of the page, I believe that is used mainly by the admin to post birthdays and stuff like that. The first time I ever looked at that was just now, because of your post. But yes, you could use it I suppose.

For more exposure you are best off to start a thread in the tournament announcements forum and bump it during the few days leading up to the tournament. And no, it is not a problem to post an announcement of say, a monthly tournament, and then start a new thread each month reminding people of the upcoming event. You can also use these threads to post results and thank-you's after the event.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Last edited by DogsPlayingPool; 08-30-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Page 2 of 6 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: