Joss Cue "BO1983"

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for some information on this cue that I Acquired. Value? Model? Etc.

Thanks alot!

9f91c67b7f8a75b76ee3868383df6c86.jpg

67f197d600b5f8c68f0c275c4b350b74.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20161019_190924.jpg
    IMG_20161019_190924.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 868

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke work Dan and he didn't have any record of the cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke work Dan and he didn't have any record of the cue.

I have never heard of that happening on one of their numbered cues.

AFAIK If it follows their conventional pattern the B indicates a cue made in 2000-2001. But customs can vary I think, so I would have hoped Joss would have confirmed it.

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Mike lol. I know it's worth more. I just with I knew exactly. LOL

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You could put it on ebay with a high reserve and see what gets bid on it. That would give you a precise number on what it is worth.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to jump into the cuemaker forum again but:

The value is whatever a buyer is willing to pay. Pretty much the same for anything. That's why people so frequently start high and meet a buyer somewhere below that point.

Unless you are looking for appraisals for an insurance rider on your homeowners or something that's most often the way people do it.

Official written appraisals can be done on almost anything. On cues there are a few good sources...but cues in this price range likely won't merit an "official appraisal" for most people.

Another way is to search "completed auctions" on Ebay (there is a link on the left in your search parameters) and see what Joss cues of similar age and level have sold for.

There is also Worthpoint.com if you have an account.

Condition is everything, of course, and that cue looks nice. :wink:

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to jump into the cuemaker forum again but:

The value is whatever a buyer is willing to pay. Pretty much the same for anything. That's why people so frequently start high and meet a buyer somewhere below that point.

Unless you are looking for appraisals for an insurance rider on your homeowners or something that's most often the way people do it.

Official written appraisals can be done on almost anything. On cues there are a few good sources...but cues in this price range likely won't merit an "official appraisal" for most people.

Another way is to search "completed auctions" on Ebay (there is a link on the left in your search parameters) and see what Joss cues of similar age and level have sold for.

There is also Worthpoint.com if you have an account.

Condition is everything, of course, and that cue looks nice. :wink:

Lol. Thanks guys. I am going to think about trading it. We will see what happens.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I'm just a guy that likes Joss cues, but I'd say the value is between 3-5, and probably be about 350-400 depending on shaft size and overall condition.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm just a guy that likes Joss cues, but I'd say the value is between 3-5, and probably be about 350-400 depending on shaft size and overall condition.

I agree. $250 would be a really good deal and that is what I look for. $450 would be about what I would ask for it if I bought it.