My method cleaning the table felt..

g_k_ace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know If it is good or not but I seem to have a perfect clean table..Anyone knows if its harming in any way the felt??I use a cleaning roll for the cloths..In the first picture you see it before I start clean and then the used sheets...I use first the vacuum cleaner then I spray with the quick clean and lastly I use the clean roll...anyone uses another method for the cleaning of the felt?

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 673

jokers_wild96

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good idea in theory. The only down side I see at this time is the sticky paper pulling on the fibers of the cloth. I would assume its not the best for it, but I'm not a cloth expert.

g_k_ace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes thats true but it seems that these fibers are on the surface of the cloth..I am not sure though..

g_k_ace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddie I am not familiar with the silicone sticly roller but I will search for it..If you ever come to Greece you are welcome to play in my house like all the fellow AZers..
George from Sparta,Greece

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freddie I am not familiar with the silicone sticly roller but I will search for it..If you ever come to Greece you are welcome to play in my house like all the fellow AZers..
George from Sparta,Greece

Be right over. Thanks for the invite!

Freddie

denveracs

Registered
I tried that on my table before. It left very small spots of adhesive on the felt. Little tiny white spots. Kind of like the little white spots we can see on your felt in the pic.

g_k_ace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this particular sticky roller does not leaves anything...after the use the felt is perfect clear..

rjtolly

Registered
Here's an interesting blurb on Simonis 860 (which I have).

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/billiards.htm#aging

I've been using a lint roller frequently but it bothers me when I see how much of the cloth fibers get pulled up by the adhesive. (You can see this in the pictures.) Is this a bad thing or not? I'm not sure. It certainly won't make the cloth slower but does it shorten it's life? I'm interested in other's opinions.

Shapechaser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who has a room, he uses a damp micro fiber towel then a dry one. Rubs the cloth from one end to the other. Looks like it is working great for him. When I ran a hall years back I used a hand vac with rotating plastic bristles on the cheap cloth (cloth with a backing you find primarily in bars). When I got simonis on the tables I was told the vacuum would probably damage the cloth but I tried it anyways. It didnt seem to wear any worse and did a great job of keeping it clean.

g_k_ace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this cloth its also a simonis 860..after this treat its surely faster and thats why i am keep doing it...