What happened to David Maddux?

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, i have some old match where DM was commentating and i think he was a good commentator, unfortunately i haven't seen him lately or heard something about him.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The weather channel radio

Hi, i have some old match where DM was commentating and i think he was a good commentator, unfortunately i haven't seen him lately or heard something about him.
David was at Derby City and did some 1-pocket and bank matches this year. He got his start in broadcasting with Accu-Stats and later became a professional broadcaster with the weather channel around Atlanta. You have good taste in your choices for a commentator, David is a pro!:groucho:

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Yes, Dave is a great guy. I am pretty sure I remember seeing him at Derby last year but I could be mistaken. He plays pretty well too, don't underestimate him. I was cruising through winner bracket in a Viking event a few years back and we were down to the final 12 or so out of 97 that entered 'til I had to play Dave. He proceeded to plow me 9-1 and finished in the top 3.

Hope all is well with him.

Weatherman

Slh, ZBot, Josh, Ktown

Hey guys!

I was scanning the forum threads and lo and behold...there's my name!

First of all, I appreciate the compliments on my play and commentary. I've been with The Weather Channel for almost 11 years. Love my job (I'm on the radio in 14 markets around the US and do 3 cities on XM/Sirius (Baltimore, Philly and Tampa). It does keep me from playing as much as I'd like but I recently purchased a diamond...hoping to get tuned up for Derby City. I'm just recovering from an emergency foot surgery where infected bone was removed and am still getting regular cortisone shots in my neck but all in all.... I'm fine! At the very least, I'll be ready to do some commentary if Pat needs me!

Hope to see one or all of you there!

Thanks again for the kind words

david maddux

aka Weatherman

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys!

I was scanning the forum threads and lo and behold...there's my name!

First of all, I appreciate the compliments on my play and commentary. I've been with The Weather Channel for almost 11 years. Love my job (I'm on the radio in 14 markets around the US and do 3 cities on XM/Sirius (Baltimore, Philly and Tampa). It does keep me from playing as much as I'd like but I recently purchased a diamond...hoping to get tuned up for Derby City. I'm just recovering from an emergency foot surgery where infected bone was removed and am still getting regular cortisone shots in my neck but all in all.... I'm fine! At the very least, I'll be ready to do some commentary if Pat needs me!

Hope to see one or all of you there!

Thanks again for the kind words

david maddux

aka Weatherman

Quit hustling me man! You play too good! :thumbup:

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Good luck recovering.

I've always thought you were one of the best commentators Accu-Stats ever used partnered with legends like Buddy Hall,etc... infinitely better than Annigoni and some others. Good voice, know the games, and a good sense of what to leave up to your fellow commentator to say.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're on some classic matches like the hill-hill Efren and Johnny matches years back.

Edit: I sent him greenies and he went from one to the max, lol. I feel like an X-men character shooting fire out of my hand for the first time...who knew my powers were this strong.

Last edited: