Dr. GERHARD HUPPER BILLIARD MANUAL VOLUME 2

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH??
i have been unable to get info from the thread posted in the carom section earlier
and kozoom doesnt have it
does anyone have any info??
thanks

Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bbb These posts will answer your question or let you Pm the AZ Member for more detail.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2601177&postcount=44

(#44)
Alfred
AzB Bronze Member

Status: Offline Posts: 22vCash: 500iTrader: 0 / 0% Join Date: Sep 2010
09-08-2010, 12:05 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,
translation of the second Volume was part of my contract with the publisher. However, I don't know whether I have it in me to fulfill our contract.
The first Volume took me about 2 years, and was more or less a labor of love. Gerd Hüpper and I discussed many technical details before I put it to print. We got to know each other on a personal level, and I regret not ever having met in person. He is a prince of a man. Gerd was not as ill as he is now, and has not emailed in a while.
I am 71 now, and Gerd is 82. Time waits for no man!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Alfred; 09-22-2010 at 03:59 PM.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bbb These posts will answer your question or let you Pm the AZ Member for more detail.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2601177&postcount=44

(#44)
Alfred
AzB Bronze Member

Status: Offline Posts: 22vCash: 500iTrader: 0 / 0% Join Date: Sep 2010
09-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Hi guys,
translation of the second Volume was part of my contract with the publisher. However, I don't know whether I have it in me to fulfill our contract.
The first Volume took me about 2 years, and was more or less a labor of love. Gerd Hüpper and I discussed many technical details before I put it to print. We got to know each other on a personal level, and I regret not ever having met in person. He is a prince of a man. Gerd was not as ill as he is now, and has not emailed in a while.
I am 71 now, and Gerd is 82. Time waits for no man!

Last edited by Alfred; 09-22-2010 at 03:59 PM.

thanks alot ...:thumbup::thumbup:
i sent a pm to alfred

Alfred

Hi,
updating our ages, I am now 77, and it makes GERD 88.
Unfortunately, Gerd suffered several severe strokes before we started work on Volume 2. He has lost his ability to communicate and we had to abandon our plans.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi,
updating our ages, I am now 77, and it makes GERD 88.
Unfortunately, Gerd suffered several severe strokes before we started work on Volume 2. He has lost his ability to communicate and we had to abandon our plans.

thanks for the update
it is too bad you cannot find another billiard player to help translate it
it is a wonderful book and although the diagrams are usefull it would be great to read /understand the advice in the text

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH??
i have been unable to get info from the thread posted in the carom section earlier
and kozoom doesnt have it
does anyone have any info??
thanks

According to the guy at the Kozoom booth in Bordeaux, there is no volume 2 in any language. This is consistent with my own fruitless efforts to find a copy in any language.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
According to the guy at the Kozoom booth in Bordeaux, there is no volume 2 in any language. This is consistent with my own fruitless efforts to find a copy in any language.

they are wrong as i own volume 2
sorry but i dont recall where i bought it
sorry for the sideways pics
hupper manual 1 and 2.jpg

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
here is a pic of volume 1
sorry for the sideways pics
hupper manual 1 smaller.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe they meant that there is no volume still in print. I think there may have been two editions of the first volume in German, but I can't look at my bookshelf right now.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe they meant that there is no volume still in print. I think there may have been two editions of the first volume in German, but I can't look at my bookshelf right now.

Well, whatever he meant you guys are clearly correct, as I just found a copy of the german version of vol 2 on a used book site.

Dang, I wish I had taken that "German for Reading Comprehension" course in college a little more seriously.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, whatever he meant you guys are clearly correct, as I just found a copy of the german version of vol 2 on a used book site.

Dang, I wish I had taken that "German for Reading Comprehension" course in college a little more seriously.

me too..LOL

Francisco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everybody

I have the volume 1 of Dr. Gerhard Hupper book, and i also would like to have the volume 2.

One more thing no one of you guys spoke about this website, i believe it's from Dr. Hupper.
Take a look maybe you will find something of your interest

threecushion.com

Kind regards

Francisco

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello everybody

I have the volume 1 of Dr. Gerhard Hupper book, and i also would like to have the volume 2.

One more thing no one of you guys spoke about this website, i believe it's from Dr. Hupper.
Take a look maybe you will find something of your interest

threecushion.com

Kind regards

Francisco
thanks for the reply
at first glance the site looks to be very informative