Small Repair Lathe

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I purchased this from Todd (tsp&b) about 6 - 8 months ago and have been doing my own tips, tinkering around with ferrules, and am ready to step up to a larger machine.

It's the basic repair lathe model. Has tailstock with concave live center, extra tool post, cut off and shaping bits, three steady rests, collets, foot pedal and hand (modified cieling fan switch) variable motor controls. Four drawer bench has kreg jigs so you can just slide the steady rests wherever you need them (I have it set up so the left side is for tips, the right side for shafts).

I am located north of Fairview Heights, IL, couple miles off of IL-159.

SOLD***SOLD***SOLD

Dustin Miller

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.jpg

Last edited:

tsp&b

Silver Member
Dustin, I really like the way you have this set-up. And that is a great price it should go fast!!!

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
very nice set-up, if you were close to me i would have snaped it up

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
sale pending/being held for next saturday 3/16.

SOLD***SOLD***SOLD

Last edited:

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dustin,
Can you explain the blue channels on the bench...I know how you're using them but where did you buy them? Btw, nice set up...

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dustin,
Can you explain the blue channels on the bench...I know how you're using them but where did you buy them? Btw, nice set up...

javi,

i thought they were kreg jigs that i got at woodcraft, but i must have picked these up at rockler (pretty much the same product):
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21967&rrt=1

i just layed it out in a striaght line with the lathe through hole/tailstock (it took a little bit of figuring), clamped a straight edge to the bench and cut the channel with a 3/4" router bit (i think the depth of the cut was 1/2").

dustin

opiesbro

Big Al Customs
Silver Member
Lathe is sold and picked up. It will make an excellent addition to my shop to do tips and ferrule repairs. Hopefully I can get some extra cues completed now. :)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Lathe is sold and picked up. It will make an excellent addition to my shop to do tips and ferrule repairs. Hopefully I can get some extra cues completed now. :)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

It's nice to have a setup just for repairs and doesn't tie-up the cuebuilding lathe(s) I have a tapering lathe, sanding/wrap lathe, and repair lathe,....and a Hightower deluxe for machining the finer parts for assembly. Can never have enough lathes...lol
Dave

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's nice to have a setup just for repairs and doesn't tie-up the cuebuilding lathe(s) I have a tapering lathe, sanding/wrap lathe, and repair lathe,....and a Hightower deluxe for machining the finer parts for assembly. Can never have enough lathes...lol
Dave

Dave,

I fully agree!
I remember when I first started reading here and thinking to myself "why do they need so many lathes? Just finish up the current job and move on to the next one."
Now 5-6 years later, I understand and it's "that's a great price on a lathe - where can I put it in the shop?!?!?"
LOL :grin-square:

Gary