American Rotation

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone here plays American Rotation? I'm looking for people that plays it, but there is not a forum dedicated anywhere to be found.
I'm in Atlanta, GA, playing APA on Sundays after 30 years of not playing and was looking for a league that plays call shot games with 15 balls, that's what I use to play before in the Caribbean, grew up in the Dominican Republic. Then came across this new format, American Rotation and I'm hooked on it. Play the series 6 early this year, did not too good, starting this session 7 this week. To my surprise on the list of players and in the 4th week or round, I'll be playing none other that Johnny Archer, what are my hopes now? LOL. To me will be an honor to play him, looking forward to that one, play with a champion, match will take place at his pool hall, Marietta Billiard Club, any words of wisdom from anyone that ever played with him?

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome

Thats super cool I would love to get crushed by the best.
My advice bring a go-pro and video tape your match so you can watch it later.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Don't give him a shot (and wear a really old sweater that's falling apart so you can distract him by leaving lint all over the table.

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, sounds funny but distracting your opponent is dishonest in my view, anyways, is a funny joke :),
best advice was by BRussel, "don't miss".......for sure I'm bringing my video camera, if that's ok with him. On this one I'll wear the looser patch with honor.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone here plays American Rotation? I'm looking for people that plays it, but there is not a forum dedicated anywhere to be found.
I'm in Atlanta, GA, playing APA on Sundays after 30 years of not playing and was looking for a league that plays call shot games with 15 balls, that's what I use to play before in the Caribbean, grew up in the Dominican Republic. Then came across this new format, American Rotation and I'm hooked on it. Play the series 6 early this year, did not too good, starting this session 7 this week. To my surprise on the list of players and in the 4th week or round, I'll be playing none other that Johnny Archer, what are my hopes now? LOL. To me will be an honor to play him, looking forward to that one, play with a champion, match will take place at his pool hall, Marietta Billiard Club, any words of wisdom from anyone that ever played with him?

Hey I am guessing this is Marcos based upon your bio. I played last season as well (Rob) at MBC with less than stellar results. I too think the game is great; we have some real solid players.

You might want to recheck the schedule grid though -- we only play the first nine weeks on the schedule, and I did not see you scheduled against JA. I do get to play him, and am looking forward to the beat down. Won't be my only one! :)

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I am guessing this is Marcos based upon your bio. I played last season as well (Rob) at MBC with less than stellar results. I too think the game is great; we have some real solid players.

You might want to recheck the schedule grid though -- we only play the first nine weeks on the schedule, and I did not see you scheduled against JA. I do get to play him, and am looking forward to the beat down. Won't be my only one! :)

Rob! Yes...how are you?

Damn! Looked at it again, match with JA is set for round 13, perhaps I'm missing something here, can you explain this "playing 9 rounds only" deal then?

Maaaannnnn....was so thrilled with the idea :(.

One comment, don't miss with JA.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... any words of wisdom from anyone that ever played with him?
Superglue about 40 dots of lint onto the table surface before the game. It will do his head in.

Besides that, play offensively, you might win a few games. If you play negatively, you're less likely to get in stroke, which will make it very hard to run out a rack when you do get the chance.

Joe T

Rob! Yes...how are you?

Damn! Looked at it again, match with JA is set for round 13, perhaps I'm missing something here, can you explain this "playing 9 rounds only" deal then?

Maaaannnnn....was so thrilled with the idea :(.

One comment, don't miss with JA.

Hi Marcos, sorry you're not getting the main man. Typical situation for Amro is 10 players per room with everyone playing everyone else one match. That takes 9 weeks and then we do the playoffs with top 6 in week 10. You guys down in Georgia had 18 players wanting to play so Tommy and I decided to try and let everyone in and said we'll do an 18 player round robin bracket but we'll just play the first 9 rounds of it so everyone still gets their 9 matches in and it doesn't take 18 weeks to complete.
Good news is the top 12 are making the playoffs and we're sending 2 players from MBC to the nationals.

Tommy Najar doing a gr8 job down there for everyone and we're obviously glad Johnny is playing. I think he took a liking to it as he won all 3 mini tournaments we had at the Series 6 Finals in Vegas. I believe I heard him say something to the tune of
"Sure would like to play some of those young whipper snappers this game" lol

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Marcos, sorry you're not getting the main man. Typical situation for Amro is 10 players per room with everyone playing everyone else one match. That takes 9 weeks and then we do the playoffs with top 6 in week 10. You guys down in Georgia had 18 players wanting to play so Tommy and I decided to try and let everyone in and said we'll do an 18 player round robin bracket but we'll just play the first 9 rounds of it so everyone still gets their 9 matches in and it doesn't take 18 weeks to complete.
Good news is the top 12 are making the playoffs and we're sending 2 players from MBC to the nationals.

Tommy Najar doing a gr8 job down there for everyone and we're obviously glad Johnny is playing. I think he took a liking to it as he won all 3 mini tournaments we had at the Series 6 Finals in Vegas. I believe I heard him say something to the tune of

Thanks for the reply Joe. That is the way Tommy explained it to me. He is doing a fantastic job, and is quite the sporty player -- evident by his showing in Vegas. I shot him a note saying I didn't feel so bad getting shellacked 140-52 last season after seeing his results. I play him this week. :)

Congrats to you on a great game. The format is awesome. I encourage anyone who hasn't played the game to do so. The best part for me as one of the weaker players is that every other rack you are breaking and taking ball in hand -- Always have opportunity to score!

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
hello I am jared I live in the boston ma New hampshire area. This is my 1st session i am about half way through have not won a match yet. always played 9 ball although 8 ball is my better game. The game is very differnt and I am improving with each match.

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you Joe for your response, how are you?! Yes, Tommy is doing a great job for sure, solid guy, solid player. As long as I get an opponent, will play AR until I can't stand no more, Thank you Rob too, will see you soon :).

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I would revive this thread and post my results against JA a couple weeks ago. I am pretty certain I gave him a bit of a scare with my 42 points! :) yup 140-42 final. He played a match right after me, and the opponent got just 26.

Actually all other matches have scored between 20 and 48 points against him. Closest score was 140-96. So my 42 was "respectable". But dammit, my goal was 50!

What great fun though, What other sport can an average joe match up with a world champion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe T

Thought I would revive this thread and post my results against JA a couple weeks ago. I am pretty certain I gave him a bit of a scare with my 42 points! :) yup 140-42 final. He played a match right after me, and the opponent got just 26.

Actually all other matches have scored between 20 and 48 points against him. Closest score was 140-96. So my 42 was "respectable". But dammit, my goal was 50!

What great fun though, What other sport can an average joe match up with a world champion?

I bet the 96 pissed him off lol The man is tough. He texted me those 2 scores of 44 26 and I'm like dam Johnny, bearing down aren't ya? And his reply was a simple Champion's statement "It's the only way I know how to play"

He has also played 7 out of his 9 matches and I think he's only been home for about 2 weeks in the last 2 months. That sets another example for the better players also. One of my biggest problems is getting the higher tiered players to act responsible and play there matches. I mean after all, there's a bunch of guys here willing to step up and play you, least you could do is show some respect and appreciation. These are the same guys that complain about getting over handicapped or barred from events. Thanks JA and all the players at MBC, 17 guys all playing even up rotation ;)

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply Joe. THe Champion statement is great - I like it! And that is what Champions do. Even with a very large lead, JA would play the safety if he didn't have the right shot. Sure he could take a flyer, and probably I am not running out a rack of rotation. Even if I did, he could still have a huge lead.

The point is - he played to win and win strong. I respect that and frankly appreciate it. I sure got my kicking practice in! And I didn't give him too many BIH. But when I did, he was out - as should be! All in all, I played well for my speed.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
hello I am jared I live in the boston ma New hampshire area. This is my 1st session i am about half way through have not won a match yet. always played 9 ball although 8 ball is my better game. The game is very differnt and I am improving with each match.

You are playing out of Grand China then? I am playing in Manchester, NH -- we have just wrapped up our fisrt 9-week session and our in house playoffs are this Saturday Oct 17 at the Cercle National Club on Manchester's west side. Everyone who is playing it seems to like it.