Is this BMC Meucci worth the asking price....

Civic1799

Registered
Hello everyone. I'm new and just joined today. Been playing pool all my life and finally decided to join a forum lol. Anyhow, I've been looking at this fairly expensive Meucci that I'm thinking about getting. I want to know what are your opinions of it, good or bad. I'm a little bit partial to Meucci as I was shooting with my dads gambler at 12. The memory of that cue stuck with me so now, I'm looking at the Meucci Diamond cue. I can't post links since I need to hit 5 posts first, but it can be seen on Meucci's website under BMC. It's called The Diamond Cue. Thanks and look forward to your posts.

Mike

swilliespeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BMC cue

Hello and welcome to AZ. Based on the amount of work that went into making this cue, I would say it is worth it. Just my humble opinion. Have you been to the Budet Billiards site? It shows (List Price: $2,499.00 - Our Price: $1,999.20). Good luck, hope this helps you out.

DrOnePocket

Banned
Welcome to AZ

I highly, highly recommend that you do some research before you spend $2000 on any cue. Especially a Meucci. I know you are fond of them and I understand why but you will NEVER get anywhere close to what you paid for the cue if you ever sell it AND there are MANY higher quality cues in that price range.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone. I'm new and just joined today. Been playing pool all my life and finally decided to join a forum lol. Anyhow, I've been looking at this fairly expensive Meucci that I'm thinking about getting. I want to know what are your opinions of it, good or bad. I'm a little bit partial to Meucci as I was shooting with my dads gambler at 12. The memory of that cue stuck with me so now, I'm looking at the Meucci Diamond cue. I can't post links since I need to hit 5 posts first, but it can be seen on Meucci's website under BMC. It's called The Diamond Cue. Thanks and look forward to your posts.

Mike

:thumbup:

For your best deal...go to Webbs Billiards listed in the Dealers section on AZBilliards.

He will give you your best possible deal. Contact him and he can check to see if this cue is available.

He can beat any advertised price by any big box Meucci dealer.:smile:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to be brutally honest with you and it's just my opinion.
Meuccis are not what they used to be. Even the best ones ever made are not that good. For a number of years their quality has been pretty bad.
And to spend $2000 on a Meucci or any other production cue is just silly.
You can get a great new or used custom cue from a great maker for that kind of money. It may not be as fancy as the one you are looking at but it won't fall apart after awhile.
Don't do it !

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
The cue consists of highly figured Birdseye Maple, inlaid with 60 diamonds of various high-quality materials beginning with authentic African Ebony on the exterior of all diamonds and cocobolo centers with authentic Abalone shell ovals. In the case of the 6 trim diamonds, the Abalone is "Heart of Abalone" which is very rare.
The new Diamond Cue has 8 sets of black fiber trim rings that are each inlaid with 12 white squares. That is a total of 96 inlaid squares.
This cue comes with two Black Dot Bullseye shafts, engraved numbers, and is signed and dated by Bob Meucci's hand.
There will only be 100 pieces of this cue made!
It takes about 4-6 weeks to have one made.

Let me know when you are ready to get this wonderful cue, I'd love to get one started for you.

DrOnePocket

Banned
I'm going to be brutally honest with you and it's just my opinion.
Meuccis are not what they used to be. Even the best ones ever made are not that good. For a number of years their quality has been pretty bad.
And to spend $2000 on a Meucci or any other production cue is just silly.
You can get a great new or used custom cue from a great maker for that kind of money. It may not be as fancy as the one you are looking at but it won't fall apart after awhile.
Don't do it !

Everyone wants to be PC here, but this is the truth and I'm glad he posted it

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a Meucci dealer. Im also a dealer of several other factory cues. What I am about to say is against my own best interests. There is not a factory cue in the world, much less a meucci, that is worth $2K. There are tons of great custom cue makers out there that can make you a one of a kind peice of art for that price.

That being said, I can order the diamond cue and sell it to you for way less than the $2K they advertize. If you choose to do that, then decide to sell it a year from now, expect $500.00 to $600.00 on the used market if you are lucky. I bougth a South West in 1989 for $1100.00 and sold it in 2010 after playing with it for 21 years for $2500.00. Frankly, I wish I had it back.

Honesty>profit......

Thanks for listening

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a Meucci dealer. I'm also a dealer of several other factory cues. What I am about to say is against my own best interests. There is not a factory cue in the world, much less a meucci, that is worth $2K. There are tons of great custom cue makers out there that can make you a one of a kind piece of art for that price.

That being said, I can order the diamond cue and sell it to you for way less than the $2K they advertize. If you choose to do that, then decide to sell it a year from now, expect $500.00 to $600.00 on the used market if you are lucky. I bought a South West in 1989 for $1100.00 and sold it in 2010 after playing with it for 21 years for $2500.00. Frankly, I wish I had it back.

Honesty>profit......

Thanks for listening

thank you for your honesty and not just trying to make a buck.

MeucciMan79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own the 13th Diamond BMC cue that was made with 3 shafts! Bob puts a lot of his own time in these cues and they are top notch!

MeucciMan79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

For your best deal...go to Webbs Billiards listed in the Dealers section on AZBilliards.

He will give you your best possible deal. Contact him and he can check to see if this cue is available.

He can beat any advertised price by any big box Meucci dealer.:smile:

Yep still available, 13 have been made and I own number 13/50

Civic1799

Registered
I am a Meucci dealer. Im also a dealer of several other factory cues. What I am about to say is against my own best interests. There is not a factory cue in the world, much less a meucci, that is worth $2K. There are tons of great custom cue makers out there that can make you a one of a kind peice of art for that price.

That being said, I can order the diamond cue and sell it to you for way less than the $2K they advertize. If you choose to do that, then decide to sell it a year from now, expect $500.00 to $600.00 on the used market if you are lucky. I bougth a South West in 1989 for $1100.00 and sold it in 2010 after playing with it for 21 years for $2500.00. Frankly, I wish I had it back.

Honesty>profit......

Thanks for listening

I do appreciate your honesty as well. I think it would fetch a little more than $600 if a used one were to come up on Ebay, though none have yet.

I own the 13th Diamond BMC cue that was made with 3 shafts! Bob puts a lot of his own time in these cues and they are top notch!

Do you mind posting pictures? I would love to see it as I have never seen one aside from stock manufacturer photos. I wonder how many have been sold up till now. Also, where did you buy yours from and how much did you pay, if you don't mind? Thanks.

MeucciMan79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do appreciate your honesty as well. I think it would fetch a little more than $600 if a used one were to come up on Ebay, though none have yet.

Do you mind posting pictures? I would love to see it as I have never seen one aside from stock manufacturer photos. I wonder how many have been sold up till now. Also, where did you buy yours from and how much did you pay, if you don't mind? Thanks.

I will in January, it is back home with my collection, I only have 4 out here in Arizona with me! Sorry

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why wouldnt you take the word of a cue dealer?
I'm done here. You take all the advice and do as you want. And good luck and enjoy what ever you buy.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
What happens when you get the cue made and you absolutely hate the way it feels? Can you return it for a full refund? Does it hit like all other Meucci's?

If you don't like the cue you might have just wasted $1200 or more on this cue. That is only if you can sell it for $800. There is no way I would buy this cue or any production cue for $2000. If you know what you like in a cue have a custom made by a cuemaker on this forum or a well known maker. I could buy 4 amazing cues for $2000 and not worry about them falling apart or not being exactly what I want. There are quite a few cuemakers on here that would be more than happy to take an order from you.

Another thing.......don't buy the cue if you want to impress people. If you have a cue like this and can't shoot a lick then I wouldn't recommend buying it either. I have witnessed other players making fun of people with very nice cues that can't make a ball. I have never done that, but it is nasty. People quit pool because of things like this. If this a cue that you want just because you want it. Call and get them started on it. I wouldn't get it.

Civic1799

Registered
Why wouldnt you take the word of a cue dealer?
I'm done here. You take all the advice and do as you want. And good luck and enjoy what ever you buy.

Because I keep an eye on Ebay auctions all the time for Meucci cues and have seen Meucci's that retail for $700 new fetch around $300-$400 used. With that said, how would a new $2,500 Meucci bring $600 used? Just basing that on what other used Meucci's sell for. Just because he's a dealer, doesn't mean he knows EXACTLY what the pre-owned market is for every single cue, especially ones that have never sold as used.

Civic1799

Registered
What happens when you get the cue made and you absolutely hate the way it feels? Can you return it for a full refund? Does it hit like all other Meucci's?

If you don't like the cue you might have just wasted $1200 or more on this cue. That is only if you can sell it for $800. There is no way I would buy this cue or any production cue for $2000. If you know what you like in a cue have a custom made by a cuemaker on this forum or a well known maker. I could buy 4 amazing cues for $2000 and not worry about them falling apart or not being exactly what I want. There are quite a few cuemakers on here that would be more than happy to take an order from you.

Another thing.......don't buy the cue if you want to impress people. If you have a cue like this and can't shoot a lick then I wouldn't recommend buying it either. I have witnessed other players making fun of people with very nice cues that can't make a ball. I have never done that, but it is nasty. People quit pool because of things like this. If this a cue that you want just because you want it. Call and get them started on it. I wouldn't get it.

Very good points. I'm not exactly a pro but I consider myself a good player haha. Maybe not $2k cue good but more than decent. It's definitely not to impress people, I want the cue because I like it. Impressing people is on the table, not with the cue.

I'm not really 100% on buying this , as you said I could not like it and then I can't return it. It's just one I was considering along with other custom cues in this price range. I was also thinking Andy Gilbert custom. Right now I'm just gathering some opinions and so far have received great advice. And just for the record, money isn't the issue here as I have already put it aside for a nice cue, been wanting a high end cue for a while now. Thanks again guys.