Derby videos 2017

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Rather than tell you each time I upload another video, I think I will just give you a link to the youtube list for this years derby videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfaC80gLaoP_8BUWf4DggaJMUd2gcek2t

There are 18 videos uploaded so far. I think I have about 46 more runs and 3 matches to upload. Check back at the link, and as I upload more, there will be more to watch.

Darren 103 uploading now. Melling 143 later today. Others as I get the time.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis -- I don't know whether you are able to change any of the video titles at this point, but Hohmann's run labeled as a 98 was a 112.

[Super to have all these videos to watch. Thanks.]

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw clearly wins the competition for most balls made per minute.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Dennis -- I don't know whether you are able to change any of the video titles at this point, but Hohmann's run labeled as a 98 was a 112.

[Super to have all these videos to watch. Thanks.]

thanks. Changed the title on youtube.

Luckily the graphic inside the video itself had it right.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw clearly wins the competition for most balls made per minute.

He sure did. Four of his 5 runs in those videos were at a pace of over 4 balls per minute.* For all 5 of the runs combined, his average was about 4.3 balls per minute, or about 14 seconds per ball.

No one else in any of those videos hit the 4 balls/min. pace (Orcollo was close in one of his runs).

An interesting comparison -- In his autobiography, Willie Mosconi said his famous run of 526 balls took two hours and ten minutes. That's just a tad more than 4.0 balls per minute, or just under 15 seconds per ball. So, if that accounting is accurate, Willie was almost as quick as Jason was at DCC this year.

*For the length of the runs, I measured from when the first break shot was struck until the cue ball stopped rolling on the last successful shot. So it excludes any preparation time for the first shot, and excludes the time for the run-ending shot, but includes time for racking successfully broken racks (except the first).

Last edited: