How is the pool scene in Lafayette, LA?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Do you apply for jobs online and then ask about places to play pool, or just throw darts at a map?

Check Facebook for pool halls in the cities you want to go to. If no halls, just bars. If no bars, no pool.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White Diamonds is in Lafayette, LA.

Twice a year, barbox tournament with maybe the largest pool Calcutta in the USA.

Houston is 3hrs from Lafayette. If you have marketable job skills, it'll be far easier to find a job there. Pool action 24/7 also.

White Diamonds is in Lafayette, LA.

Twice a year, barbox tournament with maybe the largest pool Calcutta in the USA.

Houston is 3hrs from Lafayette. If you have marketable job skills, it'll be far easier to find a job there. Pool action 24/7 also.

Thanks for the info. Very cool to hear about the big annual events there. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Did you ever go to jail for selling a stolen laptop outside that bar near your apartment ?

Jeeeesus man. Please.

Move to Louisiana, they're always needing gator tamers.

Did you ever go to jail for selling a stolen laptop outside that bar near your apartment ?

Jeeeesus man. Please.

Move to Louisiana, they're always needing gator tamers.

Why every time I ask a question, people who reply always change the subject? If you have nothing helpful to add (in regards to my questions), then why reply? You just felt the need to be a 1st class douche bag I guess.

I can't ask anything without getting nasty, and off topic replies.

I wish there were a nice and friendly forum I could join (that does not have a bunch of nasty douche bag trolls hanging around all day on it).

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Why every time I ask a question, people who reply always change the subject? If you have nothing helpful to add (in regards to my questions), then why reply? You just felt the need to be a 1st class douche bag I guess.

I wish there were a nice and friendly forum I could join (that does not have a bunch of nasty douche bag trolls hanging around all day on it).

You didn't answer my question, and called me names. You can learn about local pool scenes from locals.

Here's a nice, friendly forum:
http://www.lafamilyforum.org

The Louisiana Family Forum. Move there and go help people instead of refusing to do any research of your own.

You didn't answer my question, and called me names. You can learn about local pool scenes from locals.

Here's a nice, friendly forum:
http://www.lafamilyforum.org

The Louisiana Family Forum. Move there and go help people instead of refusing to do any research of your own.

I did not directly call you any names. My reply was directed at the last person who replied, and I am just very angered by the way a lot of people treat me on here. Either be nice, or do not reply. Maybe I am just too sensitive, but I do not like the way some people reply back to my threads.

I was under the impression that forums were created for the purpose of asking questions. So, I ask a few questions on a forum, instead of trying to research to find answers to be questions. People do it all the time. This is a forum after all.

Thanks for the link.

Last edited:

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=446848

White Diamonds tournament is always posted in US tournaments here in forums. It will be taking place April 23-26. Weekend before there will be Big Tyme Classic in Houston. If you have a week to spare you can follow the players in the week between, many hang around the region to gamble between tournaments.

White Diamonds in Lafayette and Emerald Billiards in New Iberia are the two places I would go. There is also a Fast Eddie's, Rickochet's, and Sticks.

Food at White Diamonds is the best of the bunch as a bonus.

Also of note is that all of the above allow smoking and the White Diamonds tournament is like a chimney, but it is great to experience. I try to go to at least one of them. Always action away from tournament tables and they always have a top notch list of players attending.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are also two others...
Cuesports in Thibodaux - Jason Lafluers and Nick Arcemantsplace
Double Hill bar and grill - Drew Jordan and Clayton Long
Both have all diamonds. DH serves good food and no smoking. Just opened and is very nice.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In addition to having a large APA following in Lafayette, BCA and USAPL leagues are now starting up, so there are a lot more options in this area. As mentioned above, there is also a lot of side action going on in Lafayette. Lafayette is the Hub City of Cajun culture and White Diamonds is the hub center of the Lafayette pool scene.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So says the King of Trolls.

So says the King of Trolls.

What is your meaning of a troll? When I reply to threads, I never go off topic, or act disrespectful to the OP or anyone else. So, what is it exactly that makes me a troll? I honestly do not understand. It seems to me that the trolls always come attacking my threads, not the other way around.

Last edited:
In addition to having a large APA following in Lafayette, BCA and USAPL leagues are now starting up, so there are a lot more options in this area. As mentioned above, there is also a lot of side action going on in Lafayette. Lafayette is the Hub City of Cajun culture and White Diamonds is the hub center of the Lafayette pool scene.

Thanks a lot for the info.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=446848

White Diamonds tournament is always posted in US tournaments here in forums. It will be taking place April 23-26. Weekend before there will be Big Tyme Classic in Houston. If you have a week to spare you can follow the players in the week between, many hang around the region to gamble between tournaments.

White Diamonds in Lafayette and Emerald Billiards in New Iberia are the two places I would go. There is also a Fast Eddie's, Rickochet's, and Sticks.

Food at White Diamonds is the best of the bunch as a bonus.

Also of note is that all of the above allow smoking and the White Diamonds tournament is like a chimney, but it is great to experience. I try to go to at least one of them. Always action away from tournament tables and they always have a top notch list of players attending.

Thanks for all of the info.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trolling.....................

Thanks for all of the info.
When are you moving to La.? Or was this just more forum chum-in-the-water? You asked about trolling. Well, here's my $.02: trolling is when you ask questions JUST to elicit a response. The person trolling(you or anyone else,btw) does NOT actually want or need real information but just likes to see others respond to their inane queries. If you are truly looking to move and are needing local info then i apologize for the dig but your past history of just slinging blood in the water to see what bites leads me to believe otherwise.

When are you moving to La.? Or was this just more forum chum-in-the-water? You asked about trolling. Well, here's my $.02: trolling is when you ask questions JUST to elicit a response. The person trolling(you or anyone else,btw) does NOT actually want or need real information but just likes to see others respond to their inane queries. If you are truly looking to move and are needing local info then i apologize for the dig but your past history of just slinging blood in the water to see what bites leads me to believe otherwise.

Yes, I am seriously interested in moving to the city in question. I would not have asked about it if I was not honestly interested in the pool scene in that area. I deleted my original post, after the 1st nasty reply that I received. I am a very sensitive type of person. I get upset easily. I have never done what you described as trolling, and you may or may not believe that, but in my mind, that is the truth. I may have asked thousands of very stupid questions, but in my mind, I was never doing what you call trolling.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Yes, I am seriously interested in moving to the city in question. I would not have asked about it if I was not honestly interested in the pool scene in that area. I deleted my original post, after the 1st nasty reply that I received. I am a very sensitive type of person. I get upset easily. I have never done what you described as trolling, and you may or may not believe that, but in my mind, that is the truth. I may have asked thousands of very stupid questions, but in my mind, I was never doing what you call trolling.

Why do you want to move there?

I don't think your a troll Justin, You're just misunderstood