1x2 Fellini style...tips up or tips down?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You saw the title...tips up or tips down?

I like tips up, I hate those tips getting chalk down in the case. Keeping tips up keeps the case and hence the cue cleaner. Yes I wipe off the tips before the shafts go in the case...but still.

So...thoughts?

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always been a tips down guy but have been contemplating tips up. Others chiming in with their thoughts would be great

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wipe the tip well and go tip down. I feel that the collar is more apt to wear going tip up and it only takes a couple seconds to remove the chalk.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly personal preference . Tips up means joint down on butt. Butt up is more
protection for joint pin. In my day ( I have a 73 JOSS ivory joint 3/8 10 pin in a
Fellini case ), most players kept the joint up/tips down to protect the ivory
joint and the 3/8 10 pin.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the way I kept my cues in those cases...tips down, joint up. In the end, it's like you said...personal preference! :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Mostly personal preference . Tips up means joint down on butt. Butt up is more
protection for joint pin. In my day ( I have a 73 JOSS ivory joint 3/8 10 pin in a
Fellini case ), most players kept the joint up/tips down to protect the ivory
joint and the 3/8 10 pin.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Tips down, joint pin up, with protectors on all three.
I always take a moment to clean the tip(s) before putting cue away.

Will Prout

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago RJ was sending out Tip Clipz a few months ago to beta testers for free, basically its a simple cover you place over your tip to keep the inside of the case clean, they go on firm with no no play and no chance of falling off and does not scratch the ferrule.

If you're worried about keeping the bottom of your case clean then i highly recommend looking into this item.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never think about it.. I worry about crazy things like making balls go into pockets consistently and controlling the cue ball lol I know crazy right

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago RJ was sending out Tip Clipz a few months ago to beta testers for free, basically its a simple cover you place over your tip to keep the inside of the case clean, they go on firm with no no play and no chance of falling off and does not scratch the ferrule.

If you're worried about keeping the bottom of your case clean then i highly recommend looking into this item.

I saw those. They were already available under another name. Essentially the same product.

The only reservation I had was I imagined removing it and pulling my tip off. Probably silly.

I thought it was a great idea. I hate chalk dust inside my cases, even the little that gets there if I am very careful.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never think about it.. I worry about crazy things like making balls go into pockets consistently and controlling the cue ball lol I know crazy right

Worry? Wow. Keep working on that.

Personally I don't worry about such things as it interferes with performance.

Sometimes professional instruction can help with feelings like that.

Yeah...crazy....

.:wink:

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tips cleaned and down.....Pin up.....no JP´s.
I like it when i can screw them together for the first mm when the shaft is still in the tube.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw those. They were already available under another name. Essentially the same product.

The only reservation I had was I imagined removing it and pulling my tip off. Probably silly.

I thought it was a great idea. I hate chalk dust inside my cases, even the little that gets there if I am very careful.

You'll get ust to pulling them on and off the tip really fast, right now to me its just like unscrewing my joint caps just a force of habit meow.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You saw the title...tips up or tips down?

I like tips up, I hate those tips getting chalk down in the case. Keeping tips up keeps the case and hence the cue cleaner. Yes I wipe off the tips before the shafts go in the case...but still.

So...thoughts?

In the old days it was always tips down, joint up. This was before joint protectors were common and many guys would put a little dot or some other kind of marking inside the shaft collar to identify which shaft was which.

Lou Figueroa