2017 Verhoeven Open - Results (Updated throughout the event)

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've created an archive for the result charts from the 2017 Verhoeven Open. All the group flights in the two qualification stages, the rankings after each stage, and all the matches from the main event. We'll add the final results when we receive them and keep the page available for all.

http://www.3cushionbilliards.com/umb/162-2017-verhoeven-open-results

20170813Brackets.jpg

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
First 3 innings for cho 20 points
5,7,8!

Then 0,1,0
Is that not the essence of 3c?

Last edited:

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Doug for all the work you put in posting all the schedules and results. It was invaluable info for those of us who attended the tournament.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I counted the runs of 10 or more in all the rounds and it was 62 this year. Last year I think it was 56. Roland Forthomme had runs of 10, 10, 10, 11 and 14 in his six matches in the second phase (games to 35).

Two players had 4.375 games (35/8), Dani Sanchez and Dinh Nai Ngo.

Of the 16 top finishers, 13 had averages above 1.6 and 7 had averages of 1.85 or better. The tournament champion, Jae Ho Cho, had "only" a 1.650 general average, but in the quarter finals he had a 1.818, in the semis a 2.000 and in the finals a 2.500. "Plays well under pressure."

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Wow, 2 with over 4 average

Are they getting that good? Or is the equipment making it that much easier?

Probably both

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's the equipment.
No, the level of play/competition has gone up bigtime in last few years. They're playing on same equipment for some time now. Korea has a junior academy system that is turning out some incredible talent in both 3c and snooker.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
No, the level of play/competition has gone up bigtime in last few years. They're playing on same equipment for some time now. Korea has a junior academy system that is turning out some incredible talent in both 3c and snooker.

Yes I think Bert had a sheet with level of averages over the yrs

Always increasing,