Pool player collector cards

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While looking for some autographed items I ran across a 2017 card featuring Reyes.
So far I have only found a handful of these Topps cards, Reyes, Jeanette Lee, Ewa and Mark Elsby. There are a few variants of each card.

Anyone know of any more they made? I could not find anything else on eBay or Google search for this Topps set for pool players, but I did see a The Pool Player card image without the card for sale anywhere.

Efren-Reyes.jpg

2017-Topps-Allen-Ginter-Baseball-AG-3-The-Pool-Player-163x300.jpg

b0d43697d6068da49fd212469173b685--black-widow-lee.jpg

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Player Cards

somewhere maybe 15 or more years ago there was a large set of pool player cards produced and sold. I do not know if it was TOPPS company sponsored. I do not have a set, but clearly remember seeing them for sale at pool hall pro shops and retail shops. I do not believe that the sets were produced for more than one or two years- there were many cards in the set- at least a few dozen as I recall. Billiard halls that have been around since mid 1990s may have a set or two still in their retail counter display cases. If I saw a mint set today I might buy it for old times sake!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
somewhere maybe 15 or more years ago there was a large set of pool player cards produced and sold. I do not know if it was TOPPS company sponsored. I do not have a set, but clearly remember seeing them for sale at pool hall pro shops and retail shops. I do not believe that the sets were produced for more than one or two years- there were many cards in the set- at least a few dozen as I recall. Billiard halls that have been around since mid 1990s may have a set or two still in their retail counter display cases. If I saw a mint set today I might buy it for old times sake!

Pro Billiards Tour-World Wide Collectibles, Inc. 1993. 132 cards per set.

Includes: Pro Billiard Tour
Challenge of Champions
Legends
Word Team Billiards
Approx. 1,000,000 sets

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple of the 93' sets myself. Couldn't help myself. Bought one to collect and then one to open up and look.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While looking for some autographed items I ran across a 2017 card featuring Reyes.
So far I have only found a handful of these Topps cards, Reyes, Jeanette Lee, Ewa and Mark Elsby. There are a few variants of each card.

Anyone know of any more they made? I could not find anything else on eBay or Google search for this Topps set for pool players, but I did see a The Pool Player card image without the card for sale anywhere.

Efren-Reyes.jpg

2017-Topps-Allen-Ginter-Baseball-AG-3-The-Pool-Player-163x300.jpg

b0d43697d6068da49fd212469173b685--black-widow-lee.jpg
Amazon has em. Worth about 3-5bux each. Efren card on ebay is $1.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Pro Billiards Tour-World Wide Collectibles, Inc. 1993. 132 cards per set.

Includes: Pro Billiard Tour
Challenge of Champions
Legends
Word Team Billiards
Approx. 1,000,000 sets

We have a few sets for sale if anyone is interested.... PM ME.

JV

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pro Billiards cards do not take autographs well. You have to be careful what pen to use. I've not had good luck with Sharpies on these or on magazine covers. I had much better luck with Bic Mark It.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I remember those, these ones I posted are actually part of a full on Baseball card set, along with a bunch of other cards not related to Baseball like landmarks, famous non-baseball people, even events and things like Santa Claus.

I think I would like to get the other official set at some point also. Right now I just ordered a handful of the Topps cards.

QuietStorm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a '93 Pro Tour set, which contains a few cards or Efren Reyes. My wish is to get the card autographed by Efren, but more importantly to just meet the man himself.

I've done a bit more research on this Topps set and I saw that there are a few versions of his picture card in that set. I've already ordered his folio card, which has a tinge of a hologram look to it. I'm eyeing his "Red Mini," which seems to be the rarest mini "parallel" of his card - http://www.ebay.com/itm/253089695953.

I hope one day I get to meet Efren in person, whether or not I get his card signed.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a '93 Pro Tour set, which contains a few cards or Efren Reyes. My wish is to get the card autographed by Efren, but more importantly to just meet the man himself.

I've done a bit more research on this Topps set and I saw that there are a few versions of his picture card in that set. I've already ordered his folio card, which has a tinge of a hologram look to it. I'm eyeing his "Red Mini," which seems to be the rarest mini "parallel" of his card - http://www.ebay.com/itm/253089695953.

I hope one day I get to meet Efren in person, whether or not I get his card signed.

There are standard cards, mini cards, color variations, a black online order only card and also some of them have a 10th anniversary card version.

QuietStorm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2017 Topps Allen & Ginter X RED Mini 5/5

The X SILVER MINI of 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter is extremely rare (#/1). Efren Reyes is not in the silver set, but he does appear in the X RED MINI set, which is almost as rare as the silver set (#/5).

Here's my 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter Efren Reyes RED Mini (5/5) :grin:

36745445601_c644ce9e4b_b.jpg

36076598533_881c96bec5_b.jpg

QuietStorm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are standard cards, mini cards, color variations, a black online order only card and also some of them have a 10th anniversary card version.

Those silver minis can go for hundreds on eBay, and the autographed silver framed Floyd Mayweather card is easily over five hundred dollars. I stopped collecting baseball cards ages ago, but this set is appealing and peaking my interest in collecting again.

Fyi, The Pool Players cards are different than the base set. Efren Reyes is part of the base set (#58), which is why he's also on the parallels and minis.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2017, is that from a new set? I used to be a mad hockey card collector, wouldn't mind picking up a box for some pool players, and opening a box for old times sake lol

QuietStorm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2017, is that from a new set? I used to be a mad hockey card collector, wouldn't mind picking up a box for some pool players, and opening a box for old times sake lol

The 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter set was released around mid July, so it's definitely a new set.

There's a video of a guy opening a pack with a folio Efren Reyes card - https://youtu.be/VgSjNol4MT8?t=7m12s. Selling for ~$5 on eBay. With the HIT cards, he might have made up for the cost of the box.

The set also includes a rare Santa Claus relic that is selling on eBay for >$250! Most of their fictional relics are selling for hundred, which is absurd. Who the hell would pay money to own a fake piece of Santa Claus' attire?? LOL :eek:

It's an interesting set that seems to be highly profitable.