Brunswick 360 History

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arounceville,
That is one of my favorite cues, of all time! You have a real gem! I'm really interested in hearing how that Ebony shaft plays? I wanted to ask RB to let me hit a few balls with it, but never got around to it. Congrats on getting that great cue, and making some of the best blanks around, IMO!

Jim Baxter,
Doesn't look like a Brunswick, pin and the wrap going around the pearl on the bottom, veneers is something I haven't seen in a Brunswick 360 before, but I'm not the expert on them, yet.
Maybe Mr. Bond or Tate will have more insight.
Whatever it is, it's beautiful!

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Belongs to a freind of mine . I never seen this style with leather wrap , was a quality job . I think he said it was very straight .

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New blank .....

New flame veneer 360 blank
11 veneers

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 354

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Few more ....

Few more.....

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 354

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I haven't hit a ball with it
My intent is to eventually sell it but I haven't had the time to really take quality pictures and really haven't come up with a fair price ( and I like looking at it )
Richard unveiling his 2017 at the international cue show this weekend

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't hit a ball with it
My intent is to eventually sell it but I haven't had the time to really take quality pictures and really haven't come up with a fair price ( and I like looking at it )
Richard unveiling his 2017 at the international cue show this weekend

I couldn't stop staring at that beautiful cue either. Every time I was at the shop, I would go straight for it, inspect it very closely then look at at other cues, but that cue has always drawn me back to it. The more I see it the more I'm convinced, to me, it's my all time favorite cue!
That Curly Maple Nose blank you posted with like eleven veneers will be a real looker too, whoever builds it.
When you decide to sell the 2017, please PM me. I would love the opportunity to own it. Would be the crown jewel of my collection, but my collection gets played all the time, no closet queens!

TILT9

Banned
I've never seen anything like those before , I think I counted 11 veneers in the ebony nosed cue.
Outrageous!

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember where the information came from, but I read, or was told, the 360 actually came from the number of separate pieces of wood involved in the cues.
It amazes me that even when billiards was in it's heyday, records were either non existent or poorly kept about the equipment and players.
I spent a lot of time doing research on players, attempting to form a better picture of their places in the heirarchy and to make a comprehensive list of their accomplishments, and some of the facts of their lives on and off the table.
It can become quite frustrating.

Last edited: