Bocote into BEM Sneaky Pete Gambler cue (with Poker cards, Dice, and MOP inlays)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to show pictures of this fancy sneaky pete cue (with added Gambler style inlays) that I got from Newsheriff Custom Cues, on here.

I just wanted to say that Newsheriffintwn (forum member on here) makes a very nice hitting cue, and he uses some very nice looking woods (the Bocote, and Birds Eye Maple in the cue look very nice, I think).

It has a very nice feel to it, and it is very well balanced.

It is a very nice hitting cue, in my opinion.

Hopefully this review, and the pics will send some business to Newsheriffintwn (he is a really nice guy, and very honest, and ships with very good packaging material, with a pretty thick ABS shipping tube for the cues protection).

Thanks for looking.
Very nice cue Justin, I hope it serves you well. I have an A+++ mid-cue extension made by him! (PS - keep that ABS shipping tube in a safe place)!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice looking cue. The laminated shaft is not my thing but if you like it that's all that matters.

He has been posting some nice work. Seems like a straight up maker with no drama. Nice designs. His extensions seem to be very nice.

Glad you got a cue.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Also careful on how you describe your cue

The snobs will be making fun of you on Facebook

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Pretty cue . Nice slim taper .

Sorry, I'm not crazy about flat laminated shafts .
I had some 17-ply laminated dowels.
I had plenty actually from the old Dufferin factory that closed.
I sold them as some makers like to use them as cores.

They're just too heavy for me. Kinda stiff but they do vary .
Their biggest drawback for me is, they can't be as smooth as non-laminated quality one-piece maple.
They make for good break shafts though.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I was surprised at how heavy Dave told me the 12.1mm shaft is (at 4oz), with the long thin taper that it has on it. I assume that it if were a regular maple shaft, then it would be closer to 3oz. This is interesting stuff, to learn about. I have no idea what 17-ply means, lol.

I would think that 17-ply means that there are 17 layers of laminated wood to make the shaft.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty cue . Nice slim taper .

Sorry, I'm not crazy about flat laminated shafts .
I had some 17-ply laminated dowels.
I had plenty actually from the old Dufferin factory that closed.
I sold them as some makers like to use them as cores.

They're just too heavy for me. Kinda stiff but they do vary .
Their biggest drawback for me is, they can't be as smooth as non-laminated quality one-piece maple.
They make for good break shafts though.

I get the impression that Dufferin started doing that as a way to salvage wood more than anything else. I have a few examples of those old shafts and they are stiff and heavy...not the greatest finish.

As you say, perhaps not bad for cores and break shafts.

But if he likes it, that's all that matters.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also careful on how you describe your cue

The snobs will be making fun of you on Facebook

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Facebook?

The solution is to not go there.

My wife and daughter have practically daily dramatic blow-ups over Facebook crap.

My wife tries to discuss news with me and all she knows is Facebook. Turns out it's mostly lies and hoaxes.

I see Facebook at the gutter.

I haven't ever gone over there looking at cues but I know many do. Nothing against them at all. I just prefer to not go there myself.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin it doesn't matter what those Facebook people think, it's a nice cue from a good guy and he makes a good cue. That's all that matters.

If you stick with this cue for 3 months your game will go up, you have a nice cue to be proud of now when u go to the pool hall, now put some miles on it and before long u get back in action and it will pay for itself.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Justin it doesn't matter what those Facebook people think, it's a nice cue from a good guy and he makes a good cue. That's all that matters.

If you stick with this cue for 3 months
your game will go up, you have a nice cue to be proud of now when u go to the pool hall, now put some miles on it and before long u get back in action and it will pay for itself.
The over and under with justin is 4 weeks. :thumbup: