Chezka Centeno

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Chezka, the 6th best female in the world at the moment hit #100 among all pool players in the world. There are now 6 females in the top 100, Siming Chen still holding strong at #40 in the world with a fargorate of 785 which is super strong.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Chezka, the 6th best female in the world at the moment hit #100 among all pool players in the world. There are now 6 females in the top 100, Siming Chen still holding strong at #40 in the world with a fargorate of 785 which is super strong.

So 6% of the top 100 players in the world out of the ones that FargoRate tracks are female, and the best of those sits at #40. What's your point?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
So 6% of the top 100 players in the world out of the ones that FargoRate tracks are female, and the best of those sits at #40. What's your point?

The point is that percentage is growing, and the top spot is moving upward

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I would bet there are some better players without a Fargo rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
That's terrific, but why keep starting threads about the #6 female in the world. Why not a few props for the TOP 5 ?

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's interesting because pool seems like a game/sport that females should be able to compete at the highest level. the big difference imo is power shots, but top pros can go several games without having to make one.

i've heard in golf that it isn't actually distance off the tee that separates men from women, it's the short game, which seems counter-intuitive but it may be something with how our brains are wired. Or maybe men can just spin it more idk

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She's a great player but no chance she is a top 40 player. She is higher than a lot of people that will give her the 7 ball.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
She's a great player but no chance she is a top 40 player. She is higher than a lot of people that will give her the 7 ball.

I'd like to see Jesse Bowman try to give Siming Chen the 7 ball, he would lose all of his backers money.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

When I look on fargorate.com I am not seeing Chezka in the top 100 in the world. Did Mike perhaps push through an update sometime between your post and mine, or are you looking at a different list than I am?

Which brings up another issue. Mr. Page, if you are seeing this, you have got to get fargorate.com and fairmatch.fargorate.com (and anywhere else that you have real time ratings or rankings listed) updating at the same time. I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult to do. One or the other is behind (I presume and hope that is all it is) and it just doesn't look good for them to be out of sync and to seemingly be in conflict where you have the same player rated and ranked differently (albeit usually not too drastically) in each place (Siming Chen being a current applicable example). I think FargoRate is a great system and am a supporter but having rating lists that vary between each other when they are both presumed to be "real time" should not be acceptable and probably isn't serving to inspire confidence with some people.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see Jesse Bowman try to give Siming Chen the 7 ball, he would lose all of his backers money.

Did he say that Jesse Bowman was a top 40 player? You do like subjective arguments, don't you?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Did he say that Jesse Bowman was a top 40 player? You do like subjective arguments, don't you?

Nope he said some of the players in the top 100 could give her the wild 7. Of course if shes #40 no one would be that she could beat #39-1 and some of them CAN give her the 7. But I just picked a random male from the top 100 who is rated lower than she is.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I look on fargorate.com I am not seeing Chezka in the top 100 in the world. Did Mike perhaps push through an update sometime between your post and mine, or are you looking at a different list than I am?[...]

Yes, updates being done, and Chezka hovering withing a fraction of a point right around the top 100 mark, so she may come and go on the list.

Which brings up another issue. Mr. Page, if you are seeing this, you have got to get fargorate.com and fairmatch.fargorate.com (and anywhere else that you have real time ratings or rankings listed) updating at the same time.
My bad. They're in sync now.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
Im so confused by all of this. Is this not a man? From what ive heard anyways. Not trying to be rude. Just want the facts. From what i know i keep reading threads by a man thats now a woman who talks about women in the fargorate top 100 who can beat men. Am i missing something here? Im actually really confused as to the point and reasoning of any of this.