Watertown NY Pool Halls

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
In Watertown for work, anyone know of a pool hall near the area? Thanks.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In Watertown for work, anyone know of a pool hall near the area? Thanks.

I was there about 8 years ago. Only place I found to play was a small little room that only had a couple of tables, I believe they were Gold Crowns. The owner played me for a few hours and didn't even let me pay him. Not sure of the name, or even if they're still around.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I was there about 8 years ago. Only place I found to play was a small little room that only had a couple of tables, I believe they were Gold Crowns. The owner played me for a few hours and didn't even let me pay him. Not sure of the name, or even if they're still around.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find them. Mattydale is about 90 miles south of me. Just s but too far.

skip2134

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly, I don't believe there are any options to play in Watertown. Easy-E, I think I pointed you in their direction a few years back. Glad you were able to stop in. I haven't been to that room in a couple years but the last time I drove by the sign was up but I haven't seen it open. Nothing remotely close except for Syracuse. If you have the chance you'll find everything you want and more in Syracuse. Action, nice people, and nice equipment. It's really not that bad of a drive. Takes about an hour.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll second that. I was in Syracuse this summer. Great people and plenty of action at the new Salt City Billiards. 1900 Brewerton

Sadly, I don't believe there are any options to play in Watertown. Easy-E, I think I pointed you in their direction a few years back. Glad you were able to stop in. I haven't been to that room in a couple years but the last time I drove by the sign was up but I haven't seen it open. Nothing remotely close except for Syracuse. If you have the chance you'll find everything you want and more in Syracuse. Action, nice people, and nice equipment. It's really not that bad of a drive. Takes about an hour.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I saw that post from I think 2009. That wasn't me, just thought I'd try and ask though. Interestingly enough, there is a J.M. Billiards business on State st in Watertown. I took a quick look in the door and saw 4 or 5 real nice tables lined up inside with a light on over the last table. Doors were locked though, and I can't find a working number anywhere for the place. It's a shame...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I saw that post from I think 2009. That wasn't me, just thought I'd try and ask though. Interestingly enough, there is a J.M. Billiards business on State st in Watertown. I took a quick look in the door and saw 4 or 5 real nice tables lined up inside with a light on over the last table. Doors were locked though, and I can't find a working number anywhere for the place. It's a shame...

Looks like you'll be playing on bar boxes.
But you have to try this restaurant downtown...I pull off the highway for this rather than
eating fast food....it's 98 years old now....tin ceilings, marvelous tiled floor....
Crystal restaurant, 87 Public Sq

IMG_4751.JPG

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was in Watertown a couple of years ago and I think I played at "Corner Pocket" which seems to be closed now. Here is their website http://www.cornerpocketwatertown.com/

It may have been replaced by this on State Street:

CropperCapture[50].jpg

They had four or five GCs as I recall and there was someone there to play with who played reasonable nine ball.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I was in Watertown a couple of years ago and I think I played at "Corner Pocket" which seems to be closed now. Here is their website http://www.cornerpocketwatertown.com/

It may have been replaced by this on State Street:

View attachment 470115

They had four or five GCs as I recall and there was someone there to play with who played reasonable nine ball.

Yea that's the place I looked inside of today. They don't appear to be open but the tables are still in there...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Good ol' Watertown, NY. I spent a few days in their jail for resisting arrest, U-turn on the thruway, and stolen car. I remember the NYS Trooper took us to a farm. The soon as he pulled up near the farmhouse aan old guy in bib overalls came out the field on a tractor. We were taken down a cellar where there was a new looking table. The farmer took a bed sheet off the little table, put on a judges robe, and said, " Court of bla, bla is in session".

NEVERMIND it was the town of Kingston. A few years later, I helped pave the Watertown Airport. We used a slurry used to pave racetracks. Johnnyt

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good ol' Watertown, NY. I spent a few days in their jail for resisting arrest, U-turn on the thruway, and stolen car. I remember the NYS Trooper took us to a farm. The soon as he pulled up near the farmhouse aan old guy in bib overalls came out the field on a tractor. We were taken down a cellar where there was a new looking table. The farmer took a bed sheet off the little table, put on a judges robe, and said, " Court of bla, bla is in session".

NEVERMIND it was the town of Kingston. A few years later, I helped pave the Watertown Airport. We used a slurry used to pave racetracks. Johnnyt

Was that before or after the stickball game behind Old Man Weatherby's sweet shop?