Stupid derby city questions

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This winter I'm moving 11/2hrs away from where the derby city classic is held. Other than the pro level tourneys on the website is there any amateur geared events or pro events that are cheap enough to donate to for the experience? 2am mini tourneys or such? Or even nearby bars/poolhalls? I'm really looking forward to at least spectating this event for the first time next year!!!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This winter I'm moving 11/2hrs away from where the derby city classic is held. Other than the pro level tourneys on the website is there any amateur geared events or pro events that are cheap enough to donate to for the experience? 2am mini tourneys or such? Or even nearby bars/poolhalls? I'm really looking forward to at least spectating this event for the first time next year!!!!

A lot of people enter the bank pool division....it gives you a nine day player's pass.
...and enter the nine ball....not everybody plays like Shane.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are minis, but for real just enter one of the main events . It's cheap, and gives you full access the whole time .

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like they said there are some good minis but you can have a good time trying the pros. I got in the one pocket several years ago just to have fun and get a player pass for the event and won my money back and a little more. After that I entered several times and came out with a free pass and a little money about half the time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just get into one of the main events, lot's of amateurs. The mini's fill up fast and are often populated with a heavy dose of pros anyway. Nothing nearby, you'd have to go into Louisville.

Lou Figueroa

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
You should really play all the events..

They are single elimination, with the option to buy back in.

If you play pool and want a chance to meet and play other players and possibly some of the named pros, this is your best shot. Plus you may win some matches and have a great time also.

There are a couple of minis and they fill up quickly...

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually arrive after Banks starts, so have never entered. Might try it this time. I've play One Pocket and 9 Ball, in the main tournament. Never played anybody of note; never won a match either :embarrassed2:

I entered a One Pocket mini one time, won my first match, then drew Gabe Owen. Had fun but no success!

Half of the field in any DCC Tournament is dead money, so enter and have fun!

There are some nice pool halls in Louisville but only 1 weekly tournament that I know of (at Gilbert's bar and grill on Terry rd) on Saturday nights at around 7 pm I think , and league players only (no 7's allowed). The Bank shot downtown is really nice with some very cool people and action if you are looking for a money game . I heard that this bar in Jeffersonville has some good tournaments .

Mick's Lounge, Gateway Plaza, Jeffersonville, IN

I do not know though. Heard the tournaments get a good turn out at Mick's.